If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
“The end justifies the means”, a phrase obtained from Niccolo Machiavelli’s work “The Prince”. In said book, the Prince was ought to maintain and improve his realm, by any means, included war. This analogy can be used in our daily life, in modern times and in different scopes. However, I do not concede that this is the best way to achieve all goals.
When a student is worried about the grades of his courses, he should study hard to learn and comprehend the contents of his books and notes. Instead, some use cheats or copy a classmate’s work so they can get the desired grade. Maybe this is not a big deal for some people, but it teaches a wrong lesson to the student, that even when he did the wrong thing, he gets what he wanted. But if everyone did that, the world would be more chaotic than it already is.
One would have to ask “Who determines what it is worthy of pursuing?” and different answers would arise. Individuals have different thoughts, beliefs and morals. For each one of them, what it is worthy of doing is different from the others, sometimes they will agree in certain matters, but there is not a strict definition of the word worthy. For example, in a country where some politicians are determined to pass the laws they thinks are needed to the development of the country, could be willing step into his opponents and modify the already existent laws. But what if they have an ulterior motive? What if they do this to the benefit of a few instead of the people? Maybe some Corporations did what they thought worthy for them, and lobbied to impose their policies as laws. While this philosophy gets things done, they can be worthy only for a few.
Almost at the ending of the first half of the last century, a man called Adolf Hitler justified genocide, the invasion and destruction of different countries, in order to achieve a goal he and the army he commanded were convinced it was worthy. Were his means justified? Of course they were not. But to them they were, and they stepped in the basic human rights of millions of people.
Although there are several goals that are worthy to humanity in general, such as health improvement, sustainable resources management, and peace; or personal objectives, such as getting good grade, get a nice job or pair with a great partner; not all the means to accomplish them are justified if they would do more damage than they would solve.
In conclusion, is the individual that determine what is worthy and what is useless, and it can unite with others thinking the same, but there is no goal that justifies the abuse of others, especially if it is for the benefit of a few people’s goals.
- The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor 80
- Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu 70
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher 30
- Milk and dairy products are rich in vitamin D and calcium—substances essential for building and maintaining bones. Many people therefore say that a diet rich in dairy products can help prevent osteoporosis, a disease that is linked to both environmental a 60
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station."To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owners have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth i 60
Don't put examples separately as paragraphs. Examples are used to support your arguments.
You may go this link for new GRE issue patterns:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 22 15
No. of Words: 476 350
No. of Characters: 2110 1500
No. of Different Words: 238 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.671 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.433 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.355 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 132 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 92 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 55 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 37 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.636 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 13.897 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.636 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.267 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.522 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.136 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 6 5
alright, thank you for the link.