Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you dis

Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.

Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

It is undoubtable fact that some pieces of information which used to be considered as absolute truth was proven inaccurate. However, should we assert that any piece of information should be mistrusted? As far as I am concerned, till information is proven fallacious it should be trusted and used. This is the way which allows us to visit the moon and built aircrafts.

The history of mankind is full of examples when facts which were considered as truth were finally refuted. For instance, the heart used to be seen as a source of people's feelings and thoughts. This belief was disproved only two hundred years ago. Moreover, alchemy used to be considered as science and many eminent artists, scientists such as Leonardo da Vinci were alchemists. They tried to create a gold and find a remedy from death. These examples serve to illustrate an idea that many of facts which used to be perceived as truth was disproved and many of our today's beliefs and facts will be turned out to be inaccurate. However, does it mean that we must mistrust to all information and doubt in any piece of our knowledge?

The answer is loud "no". Look aroud you and you will see the miracles of modern technology: cell phones, TV sets, the internet and computers. All these inventions are based on information which perhaps will be estimated your progeny as inaccurate. Thus, till facts are able to create an expected results they should be accepted as truth. Probably, history of physics may give as a good example of this idea. The theory of relativity of Albert Einstein has changed your attitude and understanding of world; many of us assume that this theory has impacted only cosmology and physics of elementary particles, in fact this theory may be used to explain any processes on our planet. In other words, the laws of Isaac Newton were proved as inaccurate. Newton's laws are limited by our planet and do not suit for explaining of movement of starts. Despite this fact, we have still learnt these the Newton's laws and widely use them. The reason is that they give enough precise results and may be easily used. For instance, a movement of a thrown ball may be explained by Einstenian theory more thoughtfully but we prefer to use Newton’s theory owing to the fact that both of them give similar results but the second theory much easier to be used. In other words, the most impotant characteristic of information is its usefulness. If a piece of information gives a reliable result it should be used even if it may be proved incorrect in the future.

In conclusion, despite the undoubtable fact that many of pieces of information which is considered as truth today will be disproved as incorrect in the future, we should not neglect information till it gives us a reliable results.

It is undoubtable fact
It is an undoubtable fact

some pieces of information which used to be considered as absolute truth
some pieces of information which were used to be considered as absolute truth

Sentence: It is undoubtable fact that some pieces of information which used to be considered as absolute truth was proven inaccurate.
Error: undoubtable Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Look aroud you and you will see the miracles of modern technology: cell phones, TV sets, the internet and computers.
Error: aroud Suggestion: around

Sentence: Despite this fact, we have still learnt these the Newton's laws and widely use them.
Error: learnt Suggestion: learn

Sentence: In other words, the most impotant characteristic of information is its usefulness.
Error: impotant Suggestion: important

Sentence: In conclusion, despite the undoubtable fact that many of pieces of information which is considered as truth today will be disproved as incorrect in the future, we should not neglect information till it gives us a reliable results.
------------------------------

The conclusion may have issues: 'we should not neglect information till it gives us a reliable results.'

suggested:

Position: The speaker in the title statement exaggerates the uncertainty as to whether we can trust factual information.

A. It is true that what people assume to be factual may turn out to be inaccurate.

B. The process of arriving at truth is a gradual one; therefore, proving the inaccuracy of facts is not a disaster but a progress.

C. The right attitude towards facts is to accept them and at the same time remain alert to their fallibility.

---------------------------