Essay topics: Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why?
Technology is changing the world today. Every person is tech savy and addicted to smart phones and most of us cannot live without them. I think that parents should forbid young children from owning smart phones. I believe this for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, children would get addicted to the smart phone and playing games on phone would replace other activities like playing outside with friends or coloring. When I was young, I used to love playing outside all day. If children get addicted to smart phones, children will not get physical exercise which is needed at the young age. For example, I know a friend whose daughter is 6 years old and she will not eat her food unless she is allowed to play games on her phone while her nanny feeds her. Her parents are at work all day and her nanny cannot get her to eat without a smart phone. In this way, kids are getting spoilt.
The second reason is that if the child knows how to use the internet, he may use it for completing her homework as well. So, the child would not use his brain and his mind would not get developed. When I was young and I had doubt about my homework, I would go to my mother or go through books to get the answer and in the process I would learn more. But today's generation wants the answer in minutes and have no patience. Also, children love watching television which is fine if they watch one or two shows per day. However, if they know how to use the internet on smart phone, they can watch shows on it alll day long. For example, I remember when my cousin was going to come over at my place and I was excited that I would get to play with my cousin. However, when she did come she was not interested in playing with me at all. She watched television shows on her smart phone all day and did not like the idea of playing outside.
In conclusion, parents should not allow children to own smart phones. This is because children get addicted to smart phones and do not play outside which is a necessity for physical exercise and they would use internet for wrong things as well.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 days 5 hours ago||aliola_214||70||Read full essay|
|5 days 6 hours ago||aliola_214||60||Read full essay|
|5 days 6 hours ago||aliola_214||70||Read full essay|
|5 days 6 hours ago||aliola_214||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Lokesh Varshney||63||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||sikrewalrohit96...||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||m.h_ghasempourabadi||61||Read full essay|
|1 month 7 hours ago||krenjutsu||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||jab||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||bharadwaj98||73||Read full essay|
- Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why? (60)
- Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why? (60)
- People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos (54)
- The following appeared as part of a petition sent to residents of Youngtown by an environmental protection group:“The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is es (50)
- An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat the medical condition.Write a r (50)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (82.5)
- In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement (16)
- A recent survey of 250 adults between 30-45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online e (50)
- Some people believe it is imperative for individuals living in developed nations to reduce their energy consumption and lead a more sustainable lifestyle, given the evidence for global climate change. Others believe that such drastic lifestyle changes are (54)
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie-rental stores."Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since (50)