Essay topics: Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why?
There are a lot of homeless people begging for money that we see on the street. I believe that it is wrong to give them money because they can work and earn for themselves instead of begging for money. I think this for two reasons which I will explore in my essay.
We all hear a lot of news about people who kidnap children and force them to beg. This is a business for them. If we take pity on the children and keep giving money to them, the business will go on. So I believe that we should not give money to these children. Whenever I find such a child begging for money, instead of money I always give them food. So that way, the money does not go his employer who forces him to beg and that child has something to fill his stomach.
There are adults who beg for money also. I never give them money or food because it encourages them to continue begging. Instead of begging they can work and earn money but they choose not to do that because they are getting money sitting, doing nothing. For example, I know a friend who would give money to the beggars she say on the street. There was one particular beggar who lived near her house and she would regularly give him money. One day, she asked him why he did not work instead of begging. He replied that if he worked, he would get only a little more than what he got from begging and the work was physically straining and he felt it was better to sit and beg for money. That day my friend realized that people do not only beg because they cannot do anything but they are looking for an easy way out.
In conclusion, I believe that people should not give money to beggars on street because it encourages them to take the easy way out instead of working hard and if the beggars are children then they may be stuck in a begging racket and giving money to them would be wrong as the money would go to their employer and not them.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||prayashpathak||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Chayank_11||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||m.h_ghasempourabadi||71||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||ch14b18m000002||60||Read full essay|
|3 months 23 hours ago||jab||86.6667||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 days ago||fofty||70||Read full essay|
|3 months 6 days ago||Kumari Soni||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||anvay||60||Read full essay|
|4 months 21 hours ago||rahulsingh773||60||Read full essay|
|4 months 5 days ago||NF97||73||Read full essay|
- Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why? (60)
- Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why? (60)
- People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos (54)
- The following appeared as part of a petition sent to residents of Youngtown by an environmental protection group:“The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is es (50)
- An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat the medical condition.Write a r (50)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (82.5)
- In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement (16)
- A recent survey of 250 adults between 30-45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online e (50)
- Some people believe it is imperative for individuals living in developed nations to reduce their energy consumption and lead a more sustainable lifestyle, given the evidence for global climate change. Others believe that such drastic lifestyle changes are (54)
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie-rental stores."Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since (50)