"On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the

"On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the number of mopeds rented by the island's moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during the summer season. By limiting the number of rentals, the town council will attain the 50 percent annual reduction in moped accidents that was achieved last year on the neighboring island of Seaville, when Seaville's town council enforced similar limits on moped rentals."

The argument that the limitation of mopeds rented by companies during summer months will reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians on Balmer Island may seem tenable at first glance. The author makes a valid argument, one that would be correct if its premises were true. However, his conclusion relies on assumption for which there is no clear evidence, and it uses terms that lack definition.

First, the writer assumes that the number of accidents will decreased if Island limits the number of mopeds rented by the connected companies. It is entirely possible if that it will not, and many people decide to buy moped instead of renting through the companies. Suppose, for example, so many people be nabob on the Island and prefer to have one moped for their own transportation. Secondly, with that limitation mentioned in the argument, the number of companies might increase for renting many mopeds per a day.

The notion makes no useful correlation between the number of mopeds and the accidents caused by them. No doubt, it is possible that the accidents happen because of the lack of driving skill which the drivers should have or not being defined correctly the roads and street which are uniquely for pedestrian or drivers. Moreover, the problem might be because of lack of facilities and equipment for the high population such as lake of the sidewalks or open spaces.

Additionally, the writer provides no evidence that why the transportation by mopeds is so popular and practical on the Island. Perhaps it is due to the especial situation of Island and the limitation on the use of mopeds will create problems worse than accidents. It would be more logical if the writer explain on the situation of the Island.

His argument would be strengthened considerably if he offered and predicted a substituted way of transformation which has more benefit for people and companies rather than using the mopeds on the Island. In fact, giving a high motivation, the town council could get the accidents decreased because both people and companies became persuaded to relinquish the way caused terrible adventures.

In conclusion, the writer would not necessarily be wrong to assert that the moped rental companies should be limited to rent few numbers of mopeds. After all, that limitation will certainly not adversely affect the accidents. But to support, the current conclusion the writer must explain on the transportation and relevant issues as to the accidents on the Island and submit more conclusive evidences that companies have an important role in increasing of mopeds.

argument 3 -- NOT OK. Better: It works in A , doesn't mean it will work in B.