Essay topic: In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department

Lokesh Varshney's picture

This argument is flawed for numerous reason, Mason City residents have ranked water sports among their favorite activities and Mason river which flow through this city is used rarely for these pursuits, but water sport is comprised of swimming, boating, and fishing, so if the residents rarely using this river then from where the residents are using water for this activity.

First of all, the budget required in maintaining the riverside would be approved by another department rather than the city park department. It may be possible that the appropriate department has been passing enough budget to maintain riverside area but residents of that city are making it polluted and lying that they do not use the water of that river. If the author would have mentioned that residents are using the water, required in this activity, from somewhere else might be storing the water through rain, then it would have been more believable that residents are not using river water for this sport.

Secondly, it has been stated that after hearing people complaints, the state government has announced more plans to clean up the river so that people can make use of it for their sport activity. I would suggest, rather than investing more money in the project of cleaning up the river, the government should warn the people living in that area not to spoil the water and maintain the riverside area by making it clean. If people do not obey the instructions then the government should impose fine for miscreants.

Conclusively, it can be said, the above-stated argument has been open with so many unanswered questions and thus denounce because of lack of evidence.

Your rating: None Average: 4 (2 votes)