Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author of the argument comes to the conclusion that Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors to enable its graduates to securee better jobs. However, the argument fails to substantiate this conclusion as author has not provided us with other details such as the ranking of Omega University , its reputation and reasearch carried out etc.

First, the author states that since the time the evaluation of professors began, professors have begun to assign higher grades and overall grades of students at Omega have risen by 30 percent. However, the author assumes that the professors are giving higher grades to students in order to get good ratings for themselves in evaluations by students. It could be possible that since the evaluations began, the professors have started taking student feedback seriously and they are implementing methodologies that student have asked to implement during evaluations. The purpose of sudent evaluations of professors must be to improve the quality of teaching and to get the ideas from students so as to improve overall performance. So, as the feedback from students is getting implemented, students must be improving in their studies and this could be the reason that professors are assigning higher grades and overall grades have risen by 30 peercent.

Second, the author claimes that this rise of grades is doubtfull from employer point of view. However, he fails to provide adeqaute information regarding this claim. Information about how many employers visited Omega to recruit and exactly hoe many of them had doubt about student grades needs to be provided. If 10 employers visited omega for recruitment and only one of them had doubt about student grades then it weakens the authors claim. Moreover, author compares Omega with nearby Alpha university. But, information regarding the grounds of comparison needs to be provided. These two universities may be totally different. Omega may be a arts and literaure university and on the other hand Alpha may be a technological university. Graduates from techical fields always secure better jobs than from arts background.This may be the reason that Alpha graduates are getting better job opportunities than Omega graduates.

Finally, author states that to secure better jobs for its graduates,Omega should terminate student evaluations of professors. But, its not clear whether student evaluations of professors is solely responsible for students not gettinng better jobs. The economical scenario plays a great role in graduates securing jobs.Details regarding this needs to be furnished. Also, Omega can take other steps such as student personality development programmes so as to secure jobs for its graduates.

Overall, unless the author comes up with above mentioned points, the argument seems to be misleading the reader.

Sentence: The author of the argument comes to the conclusion that Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors to enable its graduates to securee better jobs.
Error: securee Suggestion: secure

Sentence: However, the argument fails to substantiate this conclusion as author has not provided us with other details such as the ranking of Omega University , its reputation and reasearch carried out etc.
Error: reasearch Suggestion: research

Sentence: The purpose of sudent evaluations of professors must be to improve the quality of teaching and to get the ideas from students so as to improve overall performance.
Error: sudent Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: So, as the feedback from students is getting implemented, students must be improving in their studies and this could be the reason that professors are assigning higher grades and overall grades have risen by 30 peercent.
Error: peercent Suggestion: percent

Sentence: Second, the author claimes that this rise of grades is doubtfull from employer point of view.
Error: claimes Suggestion: claimed
Error: doubtfull Suggestion: doubtful

Sentence: However, he fails to provide adeqaute information regarding this claim.
Error: adeqaute Suggestion: adequate

Sentence: Omega may be a arts and literaure university and on the other hand Alpha may be a technological university.
Error: literaure Suggestion: literature

Sentence: Graduates from techical fields always secure better jobs than from arts background.This may be the reason that Alpha graduates are getting better job opportunities than Omega graduates.
Error: techical Suggestion: technical

Sentence: But, its not clear whether student evaluations of professors is solely responsible for students not gettinng better jobs.
Error: gettinng Suggestion: getting

----------------

argument 2 -- it is wrong here:
'the author claimes that this rise of grades is doubtfull from employer point of view. However, he fails to provide adeqaute information regarding this claim. Information about how many employers visited Omega to recruit and exactly hoe many of them had doubt about student grades needs to be provided. If 10 employers visited omega for recruitment and only one of them had doubt about student grades then it weakens the authors claim. '

You have to accept whatever it is from the topic is true.

----------------

No. of Spelling Errors: 10