The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station."To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owners have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth

The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station.

"To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owners have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth in our listening area, but that growth has resulted mainly from people moving here after their retirement. We must make listeners of these new residents. We could switch to a music format tailored to their tastes, but a continuing decline in local sales of recorded music suggests limited interest in music. Instead we should change to a news and talk format, a form of radio that is increasingly popular in our area."

In this exerpt from WWAC radio manager, the author points out that they have decided to change from its current rack-music format. He/She also projects that listeners prefer news or talk format programs. To boslter this assertion, he/she renders the fact that growth of population has resulted mainly from retired people who are moving in their listening area. To further support, the article cites continuing decline in local sales of recorded music. Close scrutiny of each of these facts reveals that none of them lends credible support to the conclusion as it stands.

As for the first evidence, the author seems to assume that current rock-music format programs is responsible for decreasing in listeners. However, he/she ignores other possible causes of this decreasin; for example, being better radio stations in that area or prefering TV programs to name just a few. Without elimiating alternative possibilities such as these, the author cannot justify his/her assertion that rock-music is the main problem.

The article suggests that continuing decline in local sales of music shows limited interests in music, but it is not necessarily the case. Perhaps some, or even most of listeners prefer to order music online or download from internet. Thes edays, if you look up for something special in the internet, you always have an oppurtunity to find it. The author has to do thoughtful study to determine what pecentage of listeners prefer to listen music from radio to conclude so.

Another funamental problem with the argument is that the author recommends that new and talk format are favorite of all people in that are, but he/she provides no evidence. If it transpires, for example, that the listeners prefer to go to restaurants or cinemas to watch movies instead of listening to the radio, then the author’s connclusion is uncompelling at best.

In sum, the article relies on dountful assumptions and scant evidence that renders it unconvincing and ill-grounded as it stands. The article would have been stronger had it provided more information representing all causes of decreasing and preferance of people in that area.

Sentence: In this exerpt from WWAC radio manager, the author points out that they have decided to change from its current rack-music format.
Error: exerpt Suggestion: excerpt

Sentence: To boslter this assertion, he/she renders the fact that growth of population has resulted mainly from retired people who are moving in their listening area.
Error: boslter Suggestion: bolster

Sentence: However, he/she ignores other possible causes of this decreasin; for example, being better radio stations in that area or prefering TV programs to name just a few.
Error: decreasin Suggestion: decreasing
Error: prefering Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Without elimiating alternative possibilities such as these, the author cannot justify his/her assertion that rock-music is the main problem.
Error: elimiating Suggestion: eliminating

Sentence: Thes edays, if you look up for something special in the internet, you always have an oppurtunity to find it.
Error: oppurtunity Suggestion: opportunity
Error: edays Suggestion: ?

Sentence: The author has to do thoughtful study to determine what pecentage of listeners prefer to listen music from radio to conclude so.
Error: pecentage Suggestion: percentage

Sentence: Another funamental problem with the argument is that the author recommends that new and talk format are favorite of all people in that are, but he/she provides no evidence.
Error: funamental Suggestion: fundamental

Sentence: If it transpires, for example, that the listeners prefer to go to restaurants or cinemas to watch movies instead of listening to the radio, then the author's connclusion is uncompelling at best.
Error: uncompelling Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: connclusion Suggestion: conclusion

Sentence: In sum, the article relies on dountful assumptions and scant evidence that renders it unconvincing and ill-grounded as it stands.
Error: ill-grounded Suggestion: ill grounded
Error: dountful Suggestion: doubtful

Sentence: The article would have been stronger had it provided more information representing all causes of decreasing and preferance of people in that area.
Error: preferance Suggestion: preference

argument 1 -- Better to argue against 'The decline has occurred despite population growth in our listening area, but that growth has resulted mainly from people moving here after their retirement. '