The following is a letter to the editor of the Waymarsh Times."Traffic here in Waymarsh is becoming a problem. Although just three years ago a state traffic survey showed that the typical driving commuter took 20 minutes to get to work, the commute now ta

Traffic problems have become a global issue with the rapid increase in production of vehicles
and the affordability provided thereby to an average human. In the preceding argument presented
to the editor of the Waymarsh Times, the speaker advocates the provision of coupons for free gas
to people who carpool as the city of Garville did, to curb traffic in the city of Waymarsh. Though
the claim have some merit, it rests on unreasonable assumptions, vague assertions, distant analogies
and aggressive conclusions.

The argument presents an unsubstantiated survey to draw the attention to the problematic scenario of
road traffic in the city of Waymarsh - a typical commuter taking as much as 40 minutes on way to work
which was 20 minutes, 3 years ago. Which study does this refer to, what are the logistics of the survey,
are not provided. The sample population goes unmentioned as well. Quantification of these metriccs is a
must before considering this study as a valid premise for arguing. Did the study only include salesmen, or
only drivers, or a bunch of 20 tailors - all these factors are important to note. If the survey sample
consisted only of people working in the most bustling areas, it is plausible that the commuting took
more time than it used to. Simply, an area of the city getting more traffic doesn't neccesarily imply that
the whole city of Waymarsh has had a traffic surge.

Nevertheless, hoping that the traffic survey was accurate enough to be considered, what worked in Garville
might not work in the city of Waymarsh. Again, the claim that the people of Garville "told" the author that
their work commute time has reduced is an extremely flimsy argument to be considered. What if the people that
the author spoke to bought a new SUV, and he revves up in his speeding car. Did the city of Garville had
new roads built, or did they have some outflux of residents resulting in overall less traffic has to be
established before making any claims further. Also, correlation does not has to be confused with causation.
It might very well be that the rising fuel prices, or exorbitant rates of vehicles in Garville has caused
people to adopt other means of travel.

Thus, in order to bolster the claim that carpooling is the way to go for the Waymarshians, substantial
evidences are needed. Is the conclusion of the traffic survey valid or not, continues to be the primary concern.
Or is it just a hoax. Secondarily, how similar are the cities of Garville and Waymarsh in terms of traffic
implementations has to be considered as well. All models don't work equally well in all places. It might well
as backfire against the township of Waymarsh. Is the government in an economic niche to pay the coupons for free
gas, or is it in a crisis itself. If not, the implementation of the model is the next debatable aspect.

In sum, the argument presented is illogical and is flimsy in several aspects. The author should restructure
his account, reason his assumptions, provide evidentiary support for the claims presented thereby and then
further explicate the implications of this exercise. Without an overhaul to the presented thesis, he is not
very likely to convince a whole lot of readers.

argument 1 -- not OK. In GRE, we accept all data or evidence are true. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies.

argument 3 -- not OK. this is like an conclusion paragraph. not an argument.
----------------

see a sample:
https://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/following-letter-e…

---------------------