The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

While it might be true that movies produced by Super Screen Movie company are of good quality, the authors syllogism fails to establish a reasonable relationship between good reviews, good movies and lack of public awareness. It is easy to understand that increasing the advertisement budget would positively effect the public awareness, but the presented argument is based on a fallacious assumption that all other plausible factors are inconsequential.

For one, the reduction in attendance during the past year might be contributed by other factors, like opening of another better Movie production company in the vicinity. It might also have been some natural endemic that forced the major part of general public away from entertainment and towards more banal needs of life.

For another, it might be that the quality of movies has degraded in general and no longer appeals to the general public. The positive reviewers might not be the representative of the whole population and might belong to fans of some particular genre. We've seen in the real world, that certain genres of movies like Science-fiction fails to allure the general public but has a cult following among certain groups. The increase in positive reviews can also be attributed to launch of a new website or mobile application that made it easy for users to rate and review movies.

Furthermore, allocation of a greater share of budget to advertising might be inconsequential or even harmful if done without proper research. Information about budget availibility must be thoroughly studied and the source of these increased share must be determined with utmost care. A perfunctory step like this might result in lack of budget for production of good movies and defeat the whole purpose.

In sum, the suggestion made in the argument might be in good will and must not be abjured. However it needs to substantiated with more fact based evidence before any drastic step is taken.

would positively effect
would positively affect

Sentence: Information about budget availibility must be thoroughly studied and the source of these increased share must be determined with utmost care.
Error: availibility Suggestion: availability

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.