Essay topics: Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because there is no evidence that the humans had any significant contact with the mammals. Further, archaeologists have discovered numerous sites where the bones of fish had been discarded, but they found no such areas containing the bones of large mammals, so the humans cannot have hunted the mammals. Therefore, some climate change or other environmental factor must have caused the species' extinctions.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
It seems to be logical, at first glance, to agree with the idea that other environmental factors such as harsh climate in the past were the main cause cause of Mammal extinction disappearance in the Kaliko Island in the ancient time. However, the argument relies on a couple of less credible evidences or even doubtful assumptions to consolidate its stance. In what follow, I will elaborate on them in details.
The 1st problem with the argument is that the argument could not elucidate of existing complex relationships between human and mammals. It only implies lack of direct contact between human and mammals whereas there are various kinds of connection between human and mammals. To explain more, human could affects Mammals milieu by using forest woods as a firing materials. Hence, Mammals population were endangerd due to devastate forest density reduction. Plus, human might have been able to hunter predators mammals prey such as small monkey to eat or do entertainment activities, so mammals get thinner and weakened because of disapearinglack their foods. Similarly, people on that time could extracted Mammals favorable fruits such banana, and that condition leaded to decrease mammals crowd.
The argument also leaves another unanswered question about archaeological finding. Even assuming that human did not have any significant contact with Mammals, there exist other flaws towards validity of archaeological discoveries. To clarify this point, Mammals and fishes require different environment to live. For instance, most of the mammals live outside of waters wherase fishes lived inside waters, so lacks of mammals bones on area which contained fishes bones do did not means that human could not have hunted mammals. Actually, the author could not provide more information about area that archaeological survey was done. In addition, because of exsiting similarity between various animals in the past, archaeological experts may have be make a mistake in differentiate between bones of fishes and mammals. To explain more, some mammals had ability to live in the water, and also they had an anatomy which aimed made them to swimming. Therefore, archaeological survey had better to repeat and verifies before it concludes that lacks of mammal’s bone means that human could not hunte the mammals in the past.
Citing the climate changes as a fundamental cause of Mmammals, the authors averts that human did not have essential role on Mammals extinction. Even if we assume that archaeogical discoveries have been approved by others surveies, there are other issues that remains unanswered. To explain more, environmental changes affects all of the animals like Mammals and fishes, and etc. Mammals were stronger and more enormous as compared with the other animals such as fishes or birds, and authors’ claims about roles of climate change on mammals extinct is doubtful. If climate change is the main factor, we the other animals like birds and fishe scould have been affected did not been affected. Moreover, some natural events like flooding have been originated from climate changes, and heavy raining could destroy bones of fishes in addition to bones of other animals such as mammals. Yet the argument averts that bones of fishes have been remained perfect.
To fully evaluate the argument we rewure to have additional information about argument before accepting or refuting it completely. The first pieces of information we require is the knowing details of connections between human and mammals. To better assessment we also need to know more about validity and relaibilty of archaeological finding. Finally, to improve the argument as whole, it is greatly recommnede to reconsider of climate changes as a main cause of mammals extinct.
In summary, because the argument makes several unwarranted assumption, it fails to makes convincing case that human had not essential role on mammals disappearing.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 days 16 hours ago||er.vprashant||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 6 days ago||sikun1990||40||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||wwwww||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||43||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||orlando23||38||Read full essay|
|3 months 6 days ago||orlando23||48||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||orlando23||48||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||pooja24297||53||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Joh1701||45||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||dharmin dave||38||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in an editorial in a local newspaper."Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to w (78)
- Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns (66)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current (83)
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. (68)
- If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (66)
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor of a national newspaper."Your recent article on corporate downsizing* in Elthyria maintains that the majority of competent workers who have lost jobs as a result of downsizing face serious economic hardship (79)
- Claim: In any field — business, politics, education, government — those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the (66)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues."Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land wi (83)
- The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statemen (66)
- Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)