A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process which ensures that our socks are strong enough to last for two years We have always advertised our use of the Endure proc

"A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks are strong enough to last for two years. We have always advertised our use of the Endure process, but the new study shows that despite our socks' durability, our average customer actually purchases new Dura-Socks every three months. Furthermore, our customers surveyed in our largest market, northeastern United States cities, say that they most value Dura-Socks' stylish appearance and availability in many colors. These findings suggest that we can increase our profits by discontinuing use of the Endure manufacturing process."

The argument mentioned above presents the view of vice president of the Marketing department of Dura socks. In his argument, he is advocating to discontinue the patented Endure manufacturing process that produces this socks. For strengthening his position, vice president mentions the findings from consumer survey ; similarly, he also cites the consumer feedback that they value stylish appearance and diverse color choices of the brand. the argument presented by the author, however, does not seems to be logically solid; there are several loopholes that questions the validity of argument.
To begin , the supposition of author that the result form this survey is reasonable is flawed. For the inference to be taken form s survey , the survey must be scientific and it must incorporate all the standard principles. The results inferred from a survey that involved homogenous respondents would not be true. Perhaps , the study involved a small section of population form a particular town. On the contrary, the consumer from another town could have different opinion regarding the brand. Hence, only by taking more scientific study the argument can be validated.
In a similar manner, vice president also fails to take account of other competitors in market. The steps and operations of brands have an impact on the other brands . it might be possible that other brands could also have been producing the socks with stylish appearance and also with varied colour, but the reason of consumer preference on the Dura socks could be its durability. It is possible tht, despite consumer not using sockls until they wore out, they could be fascinated by the durability of the socks.
Additionally , author assumes that profit could be made by discounting the use of endure manufacturing process. This presumption of the auhor could be easily cancelled out on many circumstances; The auhor here discounts the possibility of additional costs that entails on changing the manufacturing operations. it is likely that the cost required to train employees to opertate new machines and cost of machines itself could outweigh the benefits acquired by giving up the endure manufacturing process.
As far as I can tell, the author’s argument ,in its current form, is seriously distorted owing to its dependence on number of unfounded assumptions. it will be far more appropriate to evaluate the author’s proposal to ‘ give up the endure manfacturing process “ in full only if the author is able to respond to the queries raised above and provide supporting insights – presumably in the form of more methodical study.