Essay topics: In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to maintaining riverside recreational facilities. For years there have been complaints from residents about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to clean up Mason River. Use of the river for water sports is, therefore, sure to increase. The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
the argument that, the city government should devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities, is not entirely logically convincing, since it ignores certain crucial assumption and the research is also incomplete as well.
first, the argument assumes that, if river is going to clean up then use of river for water sports is sure increase.
second, the argument never addresses that, because of water is dirty, the use of river for water sports is decrease.
finally, the argument omits that only budget is not important to clean up the river and increase the use of river for water sports.
thus, the argument is not completely sound. the evidence in support of the conclusion "the city government should devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities"
ultimately, the argument might have been strengthened by, give the education to people to clean up the river or not through the dust on the river and use the river for water sports.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 10 hours ago||rammohan231220||33||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 day ago||Saud||38||Read full essay|
|6 months 6 days ago||hchittoo||53||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||hadis1994||53||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 days firstname.lastname@example.org||49||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||mb1502||34||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||ishi||43||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||ntesh93||38||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||ocarreon||53||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||aarohi||53||Read full essay|
- In each city in the region of Treehaven, the majority of the money spent on government run public school education comes from taxes that each city government collects. The region's cities differ, however, in the value they place on public education. For e (60)
- 105. The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of Butler Manufacturing. "During the past year, workers at Butler Manufacturing reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries, where the work shifts ar (50)
- According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en (45)
- "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen mo (38)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. (50)
- A nation should require all its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college rather than allow schools in different parts of the nation to determine which academic courses to offer." (50)
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes litt (33)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni (54)
- In order for any work of art—for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song—to have merit, it must be understandable to most people. (50)
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y (50)