Essay topics: In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to maintaining riverside recreational facilities. For years there have been complaints from residents about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to clean up Mason River. Use of the river for water sports is, therefore, sure to increase. The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
The claims made by the author in the arguments seem to lack so many proofs and evidence to prove his position of statements. There ane several loop holes that definitely have to be addressed or otherwise the claims and conclusions mande by the author becomes facile. Still more potential proofs have to be submitted to agree the statements stated.
Firstly, the author is stating that Manson River flowing though the city is rarely used for the pursuits such as swimming, boating and fishing. Also, in the first statement the author is claiming that such pursuits are favorite activities of the Manson city residents. No proper relations can be drawn between statements. It may be likely that even such activities are carries out rarely, there is only one recreational activity held in the whole city and that is the water sports and hence, the have opted that sports. Since no proper proofs are provided to support the claims, the author cannot conclude that the water sports are the favorite recreational activity of the Manson city residents.
Secondly, the author is stating that a little budget of city park department is devoted for cleansing the river water which is being noisome. Here the author is not stating that the river water is being used for what all activities. It may be likely, that the river water is may be being used by the factories nearby which is utilizing the clean river water to manufacture and the byproduct of the product is let out to the river which is making the river water stink. Or it may even be likely that people would come and bask along the river side from dawn to dusk and littering around the banks which is making the river to stink. Hence, without such evidence, the conclusion that the water sports will make the river dirtier is pointless.
Furthermore in spite of claiming that water sports pursuits are rarely exercised in the city, suggesting the city government to devote more money for such activities would look more futile. Hence this conclusion where in which the author is suggesting the government is devote more money on extemporizing the water sports is not agreeable.
Thus, in total, the claims and conclusions made by the author is not at all agreeable. Still potential evidences and proofs has to be submitted to agree the positions of statement made by the author.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 11 hours ago||rammohan231220||33||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 days ago||pg||33||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 day ago||Saud||38||Read full essay|
|6 months 6 days ago||hchittoo||53||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||hadis1994||53||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 days email@example.com||49||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||mb1502||34||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||ishi||43||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||ntesh93||38||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||ocarreon||53||Read full essay|
- TPO-11 - Integrated Writing Task A recent study reveals that people especially young people are reading far less literature,novels, plays, and poems,than they used to. This is troubling because the trend has unfortunate effects for the reading public, for (85)
- Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (60)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (66)
- TPO-09 - Integrated Writing Task Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hy (60)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. (66)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)
- Essay topics: TPO-08 - Integrated Writing TaskToward the end of his life, the Chevalier de Seingalt (1725-1798) wrote a long memoir recounting his life and adventures. The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure, but since he met many famous people, (73)
- TPO-07 - Integrated Writing Task In an effort to encourage ecologically sustainable forestry practices, an international organization started issuing certifications to wood companies that meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recyclin (73)
- TPO-05 - Integrated Writing Task As early as the twelfth century A.D., the settlements of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico in the American Southwest were notable for their "great houses," massive stone buildings that contain hundreds of rooms and often stand th (73)