Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The first question that would need to be answered in order to evaluate the author’s argument is: what shows that the people of medway would be interested in call in advice programs. The author asserts that a recent nationwide survey indicates that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs. In the first place, the author did not provide any information about radio listeners in medway, whether they are into radio or not. Even if they listen to radio, what shows that they would be interested in call in advice. The fact that the nationawide survey indicates that radio listeners are interested in call in advice does not mean that the radio listeners medway would be interested in call in advice. Should the author presents us a survey about the number of people in medway who listen to radio and are also interested in call in advice, then we would a platform to decide whether the recommendation is likely to yield the intended results.

The next question that would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is reasonable is: what other factors contributed to WCOP’s success in Rockville. The author asserts that WCOP just increased its number of call in advice programs and its share of radio audience increased. Here, the author fails to assume other possible reasons why WCOP became successful in its share of audience. There is a possibility that, the other radio stations in Rockville that used to operate have moved out ever since WCQP increased its number of call in programs and as a result the increase in the number of shares of audience is not due to the call in program. The author would have a strong argument if he could provide us that, nothing have changed ever since KICK increased its number of call in programs.

Lastly, another question that would need to be answered in order to evaluate the argument is that: Is increasing the number of call in programs the only way to gain a larger share of the audience? Here, the author assumes that increasing call in programs alone is the only way to increase gain a larger share of the audience. Should the author provide information of other ways to increase the share of audience, then we have a better stand to evaluate the argument. As it stands, KICK has only one option to increase its share of the audience. If there are other possible means to increase the share of audience, then KICK radio can get a survey of medway and then decide whether they can increase their audience through these means.

argument 3 -- not OK. It works in location A, doesn't mean it will work in location B.
----------------

try this:
para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion

-----------------