Essay topics: Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people.Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
The author assumes that Palean baskets which are distinct to pales are not actually of Palean origin. The argument seems to be plausible at first glance, but on close scrutiny is fallacious. In order for the argument to be cogent, the author need to provide logical evidence.
First of all, the author should provide evidence regrading the state of river in ancient times. Perhaps the river was not deep and broad at that times and is only impassable at some points. It is also possible that the people might have walked through the water to make trade between the communities. If these points are true, the argument does not hold water.
Secondly, evidence regarding the utilisation of boats for moving across the river. It might be possible that, the Palean have used boats at that time, but this boats might have been made of wood, because of which they have decayed over time to nothing. Perhaps, the Paleans have used the wood for some other purpose, like burning it for heat during bad winter. If this is the case, it would definitely weaken the argument.
Finally, evidence on when the uniquely Palean baskets was dropped in Lithos. It might be possible that, in recent times archaeologists or tourists who visited Palea might have picked it from Plaea and dropped it by mistake in Lithos.
To conclude, the author needs to be provide evidence on the state of river in the ancient times and also if paleans have used boats and when the distinct Palean baskets were dropped in lithos. If evidence regarding any of these points is presented, the authors argument seems to be flawed and need to be looked after.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 days 22 hours ago||jenniferjack07||58||Read full essay|
|4 days 7 hours ago||lanhhoang||60||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||patushar98||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||pratysinha||60||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 7 hours ago||Subhashree||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 13 hours ago||no one||68||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||stevewang1007||78||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Lken0307||60||Read full essay|
|1 month 5 days ago||Anshul Somani||60||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||zzk81||78||Read full essay|
- Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people.Recently, however, archae (50)
- Reduce the accidents on Balmer island (60)
- Argument Essay:-"For many years the city of Grandview has provided annual funding for the Grandview Symphony. Last year, however, private contributions to the symphony increased by 200 percent and attendance at the symphony's concerts-in-the-park series d (60)
- Disagreement leads to stress and reduces learning (50)
- The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is essential to the survival of the 300 bird species that live in our area.Although only a small percentage of the land w (78)
- The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and support (50)
- Televison station complaints received due to coverage of weather and local news (70)
- The following is a letter to the head of the tourism bureau on the island of Tria."Erosion of beach sand along the shores of Tria Island is a serious threat to our island and our tourist industry. In order to stop the erosion, we should charge people (60)
- "Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to widen the highway, adding an additional lane of traffic. But (60)
- To understand the important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities (50)