The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend Of the two leading real estate firms in our town Adams Realty and Fitch Realty Adams Realty is clearly superior Adams has 40 real estate agents in contrast Fitch has 25 many of whom work only

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.
"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The writer, who is making a comparison between two real estates in her town, provides some information about both firms to convince the reader that one of them stands taller than the other one. while making this judgement, he or she has made a few assumptions that the reader should consider looking further deep into them before coming into a conclusion from this letter:

The writer of this letter assumes that a real estates superiority is defined by the number of people who work in it, While in the real world many firms turn out to be more efficient than their rivals because they have less employees for two main reasons : one is that when the number of employees is reduced, a supervisor has more time to attend to each person, and so the final job will be a more pleasing one. the second reason is that by reducing the employees, the financial arrangements change and the firm would now be enabled to hire people who are more experienced and have higher wages, instead of hiring too many inexperienced workers.

The next assumption was made about the relativity of the firms’ annual revenue with their proficiency. It is stated that Adams’ revenue was twice as the Fitch’s, and concluded that the firm with a higher revenue has done a better job, while it could be vice versa. The real agancies profit is normally a fixed percentage of the properties that they sell - so a higher profit could mean a higher percentage (which is against the homeowners’ benefit). considering the next piece of information that compares the average home price from the firms, the higher annual revenue could also be because of the Adams firm’s expertise in more expensive properties, and not neccesarily their ability to do good in every job accossiated with them.

The writer’s last assumption is made when he or she compares the firms’ activity in his or her own experience, saying that the Fitch agency was not as good as Adam’s, because 10 years ago it took them more time to sell a house than it took Adams’ last year to sell another house. This is while the reader gets no information about the houses, if they were both of the same value, or the same quality, or even if the market was the same during this two different deals.

all in all, the writer should expand the given information further, and give details about the numbers he or she has stated in the letter, to convince his or her reader to come to the same conclusion that she or he has.

Sentence: The real agancies profit is normally a fixed percentage of the properties that they sell - so a higher profit could mean a higher percentage which is against the homeowners' benefit. considering the next piece of information that compares the average home price from the firms, the higher annual revenue could also be because of the Adams firm's expertise in more expensive properties, and not neccesarily their ability to do good in every job accossiated with them.
Error: neccesarily Suggestion: necessarily
Error: accossiated Suggestion: ?
Error: agancies Suggestion: agencies

Avg. Sentence Length: 39.545 21.0 Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.