The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of

The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing.

"Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of our popular alpaca overcoat. Now that we have a new fabric supplier, we should resume production. Given the outcry from our customers when we discontinued this product and the fact that none of our competitors offers a comparable product, we can expect pent-up consumer demand for our alpaca coats. Due to this demand and the overall increase in clothing prices, we can predict that Sartorian's alpaca overcoats will be more profitable than ever before."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

Things change a lot in years, even months, and what was popular 5 years back may or may not appeal to customers now. The Vice President is hoping that alpaca overcoat which was in run 5 years back will come back strongly. This assumption may or may not hold true and depends upon various factors such as, differences in fashion trend then and now, a considerable time gap, current climate situation etc.

The argument says that the production of alpaca overcoat was stopped because there was a dearth of quality wool available then, but now they have found a new supplier. But is it mentioned that the new supplier provides the same or comparable quality of wool and, whether the price of raw wool will be economically viable to still make profit? Answering these practical questions will help in determining the actual feasibility of relaunching the alpaca court.

The argument states that, when they discontinued alpaca overcoat there was a outcry over its non availability, but it fails to mention that the demand or the current market still exsist or not. 5 years ago such overcoat might have been in trend and may have gone out of trend today and without evaluating such a view point, we simply can not predict its sale. Also as we have seen that in current global warming situation there is dramatic climate change over years, and it may be possible that current climate might not suit for such overcoat and the launch may not prove fruitful.

Other very important factor is that when the alpaca overcoat is again launched, people might be suspecting because, they might think that current lot of alpaca overcoats does not have the quality and feel of the original. Only after the company ensures its originality and restores this belief in customers, then only the environment for relaunching of alpaca overcoat will be favorable.

The comapny first must conduct a survey, wereby public opinion of alpaca overcoat of relaunched be recorded. This survey must answer the public's willingness to buy if relaunched and what price they would be ready to pay. Along with that company will also have to address that, the look and feel remains same so that people can have a nostalgic feeling about the overcoat. Also comapny will have to ensure that the new supplier supplies the same quality wool as in earlier case with proper reliability. Only when these factors are looked after then only one can hope for a successful relaunching of alpaca coat.

Sentence: The comapny first must conduct a survey, wereby public opinion of alpaca overcoat of relaunched be recorded.
Error: comapny Suggestion: company

Sentence: Also comapny will have to ensure that the new supplier supplies the same quality wool as in earlier case with proper reliability.
Error: comapny Suggestion: company

reason 1 and reason 2 are ok.

Reason 3 is not strong enough.