The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.
“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public’s lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising.”

The argument suggests that fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies during past year than any other year. However, the percentage of positive reviews of these movies have increased during past year. So it is assumed that problem is not with the quality of movies but with public's lack of awareness about good quality of movies. Hence it is concluded that greater budget for advertising should be allocated to make the people aware about quality of movies. The argument is flawed due to three main reasons.

First, it is assumed that demands of people regarding movies is remaining the same every year. It may be possible Super Screen Company produces similar types of movies every year due to which people are bored. Hence the number of people reduced more durring last year as compared to any other year. Hence information regarging the genre of movies produced by Super Screen Movie Production Company should have been provided. Hence quality of movies becomes questionable.

Second, there is no information about exact number of positive reviewers. Percentages are dependent on number of people. It is told that percentage of positive reviewers increased. It might be poddible that out of 100 reviews, 75 were positive during last year and out of 500 reviews 350 reviews were positive during year before last year. So number of positive reviews have actually decreased during last year.

Lastly, it is suggested that to increase the awareness among people about good quality of movies, more advertising should be done. However ther is no data available about advertising done during last year and its effect on public. It might be possible that the budget of advertising was already increased during last year, but it resulted in less number of viewers which is opposite to expected.

In conclusion, as the argument makes several unwarrented assumptions, it fails to make a convincing case that lack of awareness among people is responsible for reduction in number of viewers.

Sentence: It might be possible that the budget of advertising was already increased during last year, but it resulted in less number of viewers which is opposite to expected.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and expected

Sentence: Hence the number of people reduced more durring last year as compared to any other year.
Error: durring Suggestion: during

Sentence: Hence information regarging the genre of movies produced by Super Screen Movie Production Company should have been provided.
Error: regarging Suggestion: regarding

Sentence: It might be poddible that out of 100 reviews, 75 were positive during last year and out of 500 reviews 350 reviews were positive during year before last year.
Error: poddible Suggestion: possible

Sentence: However ther is no data available about advertising done during last year and its effect on public.
Error: ther Suggestion: No alternate word

Argument 1 -- not OK

Argument 2 -- not OK

Argument 3 -- OK