The general welfare of a nation's people is a better indication of that nation's greatness than are the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In d

Nation’s greatness cannot be determined only by the achievements of its rulers, artists or scientists. Everybody contributes to the growth of the nation, and it cannot be restricted by only considering the 3 categories of people.

There exists lot of factors which determine how great a nation is: Corruption, security, rights, education etc... All the factors in some or other way are related to each other. A nation’s greatness cannot be quantified only by the achievements of one scientist. Science needs to be explored and this can be done by imparting good education to evrybody.

Paris for example is known as one of the best tourist destinations, and its greatness cannot be counted by the achievements of any one ruler, artist or scientist. It is the entire nation which helps in building and maintaining the greatness. Police provides security; rulers create policies, businessman do their work.

Afghanistan was once a beautiful country to live in, but one Alkaiyda takes away everything. Some of the very good writers, musicians are from Afghanistan, but that didn’t contribute a percent towards the greatness.

But history suggests there are leaders like Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi which take their country from disaster to greatness. Nelson Mandela stops the apartheid system in South Africa. Mahatma Gandhi gives his country the independence, and from their onwards it is the people that are driving their nation towards greatness.

Minimum 250 words wanted.