Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people whom they serve

It’s been said “Government of the people, by the people, and for the people”, and if government officials start taking decisions on their own, it will only create chaos within the society.

A country includes rural and urban industries, and both the industries have their different requirements. A government official sitting in a metropolitan city, can’t decide the requirement of people living in villages and vice versa. The policies formulated at high level should involve the basic requirements of people for whom the policy is, and this can only be possible when a part of decision making process should be influenced by the customer which in this case is general public.

The statement is not serving the entire picture completely, i.e. there are some scenarios where the participation of general public in decision making process won’t be possible such as security, economical, financial decisions, boundary sharing etc.

The first question that pops up in the mind is, how to decide the will of people, as each individual has different requirements and different wants, and fulfilling everybody’s wish won’t be possible. The solution for this is a hybrid approach, i.e. get the ideas, generalize it, and form a policy. In this way the judgment will be of government officials but the wishes correspond to common man.

As part of garnishing the entire essay, I want to say that it is not a one way process. Few scenarios will boost the idea of government officials relying completely on their own judgement, whereas in others, collaboration of both will be required

More content wanted. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.