Mass media and the internet have caused people s attention spans to get shorter However the overall effect has been positive while people are less able to focus on one thing they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large quan

Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large quantities of information and find what’s important.

Modern technological innovations have put an end to the bygone era and have revolutionized the way man thinks. Each step in man's life is influenced by modern technology in one way or another. Man's dependence on technological innovations has increased manifold over the ages. In particular mass media and internet have had a tremendous influence in each of our lives.

Like the two sides of a coin, mass media and internet have their advantages and disadvantages. They have simplified life and have made the world a small place to live in. Vast amounts of data and access to an unlimited array of knowledge is now at our fingertips. Any question pops up in our mind, our instant solution- The internet. Internet has bought mankind closer and now has influenced our day to day activities.

Mass media provides us information about events thousands of miles away. Exchange of ideas, thoughts, has now become a simplified process. Mass media is an efficient way to make ourselves heard. It is an effective way to bring about a desired change in the society.

Mass media and internet have the ability to help us work through a complex network of information and select and process only the information that we require. And most importantly sitting at home we can access any data we want which previously would have taken arduous efforts.

Although mass media and internet have had a positive impact on our lives the negative effects cannot be left out. Modern technology has made man lazy. The term 'couch potato' would perfectly describe man's current state. The access to such vast amount of data has also made man fickle minded. Instead of concentrating on the task at hand, man's mind wanders from one topic to another, providing only a minimal benefit although we have access to such advanced technology.

One must be able to squelch one's desires and concentrate on the task at hand. Mass media and internet have brought about a state of confusion along with them, wherein the world is unsure what position to take. The immense exchange of ideas can also prove to be problem, as conflicting ideas may inturn transform into a huge issue.

Thus to make the most of our technological advancements one must maintain a proper balance. Only if the balance is maintained can modern mass media and internet prove fruitful or else instead of being a boon to mankind they might turn out to be a bane.

Number of Paragraphs: 7 5 (paragraphs are too short in essay body)

better to have 5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion