Over the past two years the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number

In this letter, the Central Plaza store owner recommends a prohibition of skateboarding and hastily draws a prediction of business will return to its previously high level. The owner brought forth a series of reasons to support his recommendation, which includes resorting to many other owners’ responses and connects the abundant vandalism to skateboarding. While it seems convincing, there are still some withstanding questions that needs to be answered

The store owners argue that the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing due to the increased popularity of skateboarding. But we also need to know whether the price of the products from these stores has increased and whether the quality of the products has decreased? If so, then the decrease in shoppers can be attributed to the stores and not the skateboarding. It is likely due to the price increase and quality of product decreasing that many shoppers rely more on online shopping. Moreover, the stores located in Central Plaza contain different varieties? If all the stores located in Central Plaza are all clothing stores then the decrease in shopper could also be due to the lack of variation in shops.

Granted that the price and the quality of products didn’t change and there is no other competitor appear, it is unfounded to forbid skateboarding. Although many owners believe that the decrease in their business is because of the number of skateboarding users. I would like to ask that all the shoppers are transferred to be users of skateboarding. If not, then it will surely weaken the statement.

Furthermore, we also want to consider the correlation between the increase of skateboarding and litter. Whether the increase of and vandalism are related to users of skateboarding. If these vandalisms have no link with skateboarding, then it will weaken the owner’s argument.

Last but not least, even though the questions mentioned above can be explicated, it is problematic to make such a prediction that is prohibiting skateboarding will flourish the business.

To sum up, we should implement more surveys and take deliberate actions to decide whether to accept the recommendation and meticulously evaluate the prediction.