People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is never wise to make a decision based only on emotions. Often time, when people are highly emotional, their judgement is clouded and their ability to make sound decision is compromised. Even though, they might justify their decision with logic afterwards, their logical reasoning are often biased.

In the extreme example, the rise of Hitler's popularity is due to people making decisions based on emotions. In that time, Germany was experiencing extreme hardship and it was easy to blame it on the others. They claimed the Aryan race was superior to other race. Using this reasoning --absurdly not justifiable--the Nazis made numerous poor decisions that resulted in atrocities in Europe.

In general, when people experience a traumatic event, they are often told to wait few days before they make any important decisions. These widely known recommendations is because most decisions made after a traumatic event are often poor. People ability to think rationally are compromised when they are under emotional distress.

Additionally, people who do make decisions under those conditions are unlikely to admit that they've made wrong or sub-optimal decisions. Often time, they will only remember events that support their decisions and selectively forget events that are against their thinking. Thus, their justification after the fact are often biased. This phenomenon has been studied heavily in Psychology.

Not every emotional decision is poor. There are situations in which you have to make a quick decisions based on your gut because you do not have the time to analyze your problem to make a logical decision. For example, many entrepreneurs are known to make their decisions based on feel more than on rational thinking due to time pressure. In those cases, those decision makers could make the most optimal decision at that time given the time constraint.

In summary, in most situations, it is not wise to make decisions based on emotions even if you justify if with logic afterwards because the logical reasons are flawed.

Sentence: Often time, when people are highly emotional, their judgement is clouded and their ability to make sound decision is compromised.
Description: The fragment Often time is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Often with adjective

Sentence: Even though, they might justify their decision with logic afterwards, their logical reasoning are often biased.
Description: The fragment their logical reasoning is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: These widely known recommendations is because most decisions made after a traumatic event are often poor.
Description: The fragment a traumatic event is not usually followed by are

Sentence: People ability to think rationally are compromised when they are under emotional distress.
Suggestion: Refer to People and ability