People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting

People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

I think that this statement is a true claim and people's behaviors are mostly a reaction to actions and situations that are not fully under their control.

Behaviors are responses that we make in a particular situation. However, different people may demonstrate different reactions to one specific action. It depends on their background patterns for perception of the world and the codes that has been established in their unconscious or conscious mind through a life. In fact, we try to shape our behaviors according to what we do not have control in its commencement but just can respond to it or control its consequences by proper reaction.

For example, when a student do not know the answer of a considerable number of questions in a final exam s/he will take one of the following options in response; Handing in the answer sheet white, trying to write something relevant, cheating. Taking each action totally depends on who the student has been disciplined by external forces like family, school, or social institutes.

However, one may claim that accepting such statement true means that people are not responsible for their behavior because they are forced to behave that way. Refuting such claim, it should be considered that although the forces that make us react are not in our control; however, we have the chance to choose which of those forces take the control of our behavior.

A tangible example can be the above mentioned student. The student may feel a force for earning a good grade opposing another force that urges him/her to behave according to the codes of morality. The chosen option may lead to an acceptable behavior or an unacceptable one. However, the options are previously set by family and society.

In conclusion, people's behaviors are not something separated from the external forces that have formed his/her sense of right and wrong. People usually react to situations. They are neither the makers of those situations nor the ones who formed their perception of ethics. They just have the chance to opt between predefined options that may be acceptable or improper in the eyes of other people.