Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take In de

As the famous saying goes "As dirty as politics". Most of us hates politics as we view it not as a career or a profession which enlightens the society, but rather which darkens the society as whole.The statement asserts the path of dilemma in which politicians must pursue. It can either be the path of the elusive and unrealistic ideals or it could be the path of a more pragmatic and a reasonable one. According to my point of view, I suggest a politician should always pursue the path which is more feasible, less perilous and more beneficial to the society for the following reasons.

To Begin, Politicians are always on the lookout to entice the eyes of public and they would go to the acme of deceptive claims. On doing so they not only risk their respect and dignity at stake but also the beliefs, safety and security of the common people. A fiasco of such claim would render the politician fallible and mendacious, thus it would be a hard time for him to trump the next poll. For example let us consider the claim made by a presidential candidate in a certain country. The claim goes like "A Wall must
be built in order to thwart the illegal immigrants coming into his country". Although people may agree in a metaphorical manner that a virtual wall should be constructed to stop the illegal immigrants, no one would agree that a real wall being built. Since the construction of a real wall would unnecessarily waste the money resource and the time, it would make real sense if the incumbent have laid stringent laws and actions which exhibits the same ideal. Thus the politician have gone too far in achieving his idealistic which resulted in nothing but profligate of hard earned money coming as a tax to the state. He is risking the belief which people had on him and the securities of lives of his own citizen who are facing challenges in jobs as the taxes have skyrocketed.

Additionally, The politician should pursue the goals which are often necessary for the state or the nation at present, rather than a utopian ideal. In pursuing the pragmatic goal he ensures the nation is strong enough to attain the now seem unrealistic goal in the upcoming years. Let us consider the space programs undertaken by The Government of India for instance. Is it okay for a country to ignore the people who lacks even the basic necessity of a life such as food and shelter and to focus more on space programs which is of no use to the masses of the poor and lacking society. Any wise man would not concord with tons and tons of money being funded onto the space program whereas it is, at the same time lacks the very basic necessity of both people and the surrounding.

Some may argue by saying that the politician should focus on the more elusive goal so that he may attain a higher counts in the poll. But is it worth it? Is it worth to sacrifice the lives of people by whom he has become valedictory?. People are the strength of a nation. They must be taken care of, by politician adhering a pragmatic and
necessary ideal rather than deceived by a politician pursuing idealistic goals which render nothing more than a shining count of poll result which lasts temporarily.