Some people believe it is imperative for individuals living in developed nations to reduce their energy consumption and lead a more sustainable lifestyle, given the evidence for global climate change. Others believe that such drastic lifestyle changes are

Some people believe it is imperative for individuals living in developed nations to reduce their energy consumption and lead a more sustainable lifestyle, given the evidence for global climate change. Others believe that such drastic lifestyle changes are unwarranted, based on the existing evidence for global climate change.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Global climate change is one of today's biggest issues that scientists and environmentalists are concerned about. The bases for this concern is the depletion of natural resources as well as toxic gases or by products that are being emitted into the air causing the depletion of ozone layer. In order to have a sustainable lifestyle, we need to think of an alternative way to produce energy efficiently and less environmentally damaging to the Earth's atmosphere.

Scientists have developed a few ways to use clean energy, such as through solar panel or wind turbine. However, these innovative inventions are still costly to use. For a solar panel, is would cost each household a few thousand dollars to install the panel. Not everyone can afford that, even in developed nations. That does not mean changes cannot be made. We can reduce more energy consumption by cutting back on driving and instead use public transportation or carpool; we have to try to be less dependent of having a private car.

Some people may think that global climate change is not caused by excessive energy consumption. They believe it is a natural cycle that is occurring, such as that during the ice age: the earth freezes up, then warms up, freezes up again, and warms up. We are now in the warm cycle. So, there is no need to made a drastic change in their lifestyle.

Whether one believes in global warming or not, it is a fact that burning of fuels causes greenhouse gases. Consequently, this causes ozone layer to deplete allowing UV-rays to penetrate the Earth's atmosphere causing the Earth to warm up and changes the ecosystem. So, by doing our part to keep the ecosystem in check, we should all consider reducing our energy usage by turning off our lights and TV when we are not in the room, and carpool or use public transportation instead of using our personal car to reduce CO2 emission.

Sentence: For a solar panel, is would cost each household a few thousand dollars to install the panel.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to is and would

No. of Words: 324 350 more words, higher marks.