105 Claim Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience Reason People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you

105
Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.
Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

We have often heard that we are most creative in as children – when least experienced. In other words, some people are likely to think that experience confines our creativity. However, the experience is also necessary since imagination without experience remains just imagination. Therefore, combination with imagination and experience effort ideal.
Admittedly, it can be agreed that experience without imagination is non-progressive. Imagination is likely to come up with innovative ideas, not fettered by any conventional ideas. Take an example of Smart dust. Jamie Link, a graduate student at the University of California, San Diego, discovered “smart dust” when she accidentally broke a silicon chip into little pieces. The smart dust concept was not new, and scientists had been working in this field for many years, but it was Link`s open mind and motivation that led to the discovery of self-assembling, programmable silicon particles that help to destroy tumors. Though Link was just beginning chemist, having less knowledge than her professor or other world-renowned scientists, her imagination made one of the 21st century`s greatest discoveries. Thus, one beginner who has imagination despite a little experience could be said to have upper hand over experts who have experience with a little imagination in the sense that they are more spontaneously motivated with innovative ideas.
However, imagination without experience is only fiction. Most people could imagine, but they could not make imagine the real if they do not have knowledge. For instance, most people could imagine cure for a disease, but it is hard for them to make that. In addition, anyone imagines new thinking that could break conventional wisdom. On the other hand, it needs much experience to make the imagination prove. In other words, even if it is possible for people to imagine new things, it cannot make it real.
Thus, imagination and experience are needed to progress in a field. The reason is that the two are complementary. It requires plenty of experience to realize the imagination and in turn, extends our knowledge. The experience provides many more resources in our arsenal. For instance, the success of Apple is a result of the combination with Steve jobs` imagination and Steve Wozniak`s experience. They were an American entrepreneur who was the co-founder of Apple Inc. Steve Jobs had an imagination that a design-oriented approach and a combination of cellphones and the Internet. It was the innovation of thinking. Steve Wozniak who was a computer engineer made personal computers and smartphones with Steve job`s imagination. It has brought about a revolution internet environment. Accordingly, an harmoniously joined effort of imagination and experience will greatly facilitate the progress of any field of inquiry.
In sum, it is partially agreeable with the statement that imagination is a more essential asset than experience because people who lack experience are likely to think freely without the constraints of established attitudes and habits. However, imagination without experience remains just fiction and it is not possible for the imagination to become real. Therefore, one without enough of the other is meaningless. Only when there is a balance, progress possible.