Essay topics: 1. The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The author of the prompt has asserted that the advantage of knowing about the past is recognition of non-difference between the preceding generations and currents one. This is the claim with which I strongly do not concur with. From my perspective, the human being inherently is prone for the developments, and this feature leads to the striking alteration. The following paragraphs will list the most conspicuous changes the mankind has experienced to depict who the nowadays people differ from the previous ones.
The first noteworthy mutation occurs in the physiological aspect. There is a massive division between the current people's body size and the past people's body size. As an instance, if the chew is considered as the comparison factor, this mutation would be more tangible. Meanwhile, in the past the jaw size of mankind was so huge and contained 36 teeth, the modern men possess smaller chew with 28 teeth. This alteration has happened for the sake of diet and eating habits of people. In the past, most of the foods were eaten as raw, which requires bigger and more teeth for grinding and chewing them. On the other hand, by shifting the cooking and eating habit of the people in the modern era, the smaller and fewer teeth could handle the chewing the softer tissues. This is one of the changes which is distinguishable between the past and current era.
Another equally crucial development is mental advancement. In other words, there is a big gap between the modern people’s cognition and the past ones, and the flourished and advanced scientific achievements also verify this fact. This fact is also acceded by a notable intelligence study which is conducted in my country. According to this reliable research, at each decade the ratio of scientific developments is enhanced by twenty percent. This nuance advancement during a ten-year could be an impressive enhancement in a long duration. For example, while the flying was a farfetched dream for our grand grandparents, nowadays men can explore the spaces. Thus, the intelligent and cognition advancement causes striking alteration among the people in the past and current.
However, some people may believe that regardless of time, mankind is prone to doing the mistake, and this inclination leads to the similarities of generations. Although in any period, the human being can inherently do fallacious action, it could not be considered that the repetition of mistake and error makes two-generation to be identical. First of all, the errors done at the two different periods are not same. Indeed, the current comprehensive understanding causes an individual to do not do the naive mistaken done in the past. Secondly, the wise generation at any time relies on the history of its previous generation to not duplicate the same wrong mistake. Therefore, while entire people do mistakes, there are not identical.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned facts explicitly depict that mankind has experienced the crucial developments which lead to the division from its previous generation.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||shoeb_athar||83||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||ramsay||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||nicolexx346||33||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||FaylEAVE0920||54||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||wenye||83||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||wwwww||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||08sandip||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||weiwei||79||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 days ago||Zhang Ergou||79||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||saloni.p||66||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)