40. Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying.

40. Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.

Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying.

Academic motivation is an important factor which can influence the effectiveness of learning. However, it is impossible to reflect each student’s requests in curricula.

The most important premise of this issue is that the motivation itself is not the only goal of education. Rather, it is merely one of the important factors which affect the learning effectiveness. Therefore, if the educators face the situation that motivations and learning effectiveness are contrary each other, they should choose learning effectiveness at the expense of motivations. The education planners should wisely all...