61. People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.
The statement’s claim that one should ponder over the risk before he takes an action is fundamentally agreeable. Contemplating in depth, however, the issue should be separately dealt with according to some of the situations that urgently need quick judgment and action.
In most cases, any relevant risks of the consequences of judgments should be carefully estimated before making decisions. Clinical experiments are typical cases of this point. When doctors try newly invented medications, they should make every effort to calculate any possible negative consequences from the application of ne...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- 2. The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base becaus 70
- 4. The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little 87
- 132. The following appeared in a letter to the school board in the town of Centerville."All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville ha 50
- 6. The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter th 50
- 36 / 72. Governments should not fund any scientific research whose consequences are unclear. 90
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 5 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 430 350
No. of Characters: 2080 1500
No. of Different Words: 235 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.554 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.837 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.641 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 147 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 115 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 82 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 45 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.5 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.629 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.6 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.281 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.524 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.161 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5