Essay topics: Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
It is popularly believed that today's innovations such as video, computers and the internet instead alleviating students' learning make it harder by distracting students from studying. Although this statement has a plethora of proponents, I disagree with it due to the fact that these technologies may give us indispensable opportunities to learn and taught which if they are used properly may change the world.
To begin with, the miracles of modernity such as the internet, video and computers have a great positive impact on our learning. Perhaps, because this impact is enormous and ubiquitous we cannot notice it easily. To illustrate an idea we may look at a work of a teacher today and forty years ago. For example, a teacher of astronomy used to explain his subject, for instance, the structure of solar system by demonstrating pictures at a text book. Today's teacher is able to seize students' attention by demonstrating a movie in the internet and photos of planets which were taken by space probes from official site of NASA. It is hard to overestimate the importance of such colorful and up-to-date material for alleviating students' learning.
Furthermore, these technologies are changing the world. Right now when you read this text, in the poorest African countries such technology as the internet and computers have used to teach children who otherwise would have had no opportunity to acquire knowledge. In fact, hundreds of thousands of tables and laptops with the connection to the internet were donated to such schools of such states as Nigeria, Tanzania and Somali. Those computers are used to organize and control education process and quality of teachers work via internet. Moreover, children have access to the internet and can download needed material from the web. The results of this program may be seen even today when since the program started thousands of boys and girls have learned how to read and count, they learn about the world and none of those achievements will be literally impossible without these technologies.
Unfortunately, the existence of these technologies is connected for some of us with many contemporary problems. For instance, some parents sincerely believe that the internet and video distract their children from learning. Perhaps, their opinion is correct and at least partly supported by reality. At the same time, may we accuse the technologies in those problems? Probably the root of the problem is teachers who, for instance, may try to alleviate their work by substituting real lessons with watching some video on You Tube. In the same vein, we may blame weapon for killing people. From this viewpoint, the children’s problems are not caused by the technologies but rather by teacher's incompetence and consequently these technologies are blameless.
In conclusion, although many of us tend to aver that modern technologies have rather negative effect on students' performance than positive one, I disagree with this idea because these technological marvels can significantly improve learning all over the world if they are properly used.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||test123||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||flowerft2007||66||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||karGRE||50||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||shashanknatesh||79||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 week ago||sonia22||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||vanooshe||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||narbella4||30||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||maryamaj||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 8 months ago||siamakd||70||Read full essay|
|4 years 9 months ago||siamakd||80||Read full essay|
- 11/10/2017Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be?Should governments give more financial support to local film industries? (61.3333)
- 11/10/2017You are going on a short holiday soon and would like to invite a friend to join you. Write a letter to him/her and say– Explain why you need a holiday.– Explain why you want your friend to come.– Where and when do you want to go? (89.5)
- 10/10/2017You recently saw an advertisement about helpers for children summer holiday camp. Write a letter to camp organizers and say:– Describe the areas where you can help.– Give the time period you are available.– Ask some questions about the cam (80.5)
- 09/10/2017Some people say that computer games are bad for children by all means; others believe that these games are contributing to children’s development.Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (63)
- 09.10.2017You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw.Write a letter to the company.In your letter,Introduce your self.explain the situation.say what action you would like to company to take. (73.5)
- 08/10/2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1. Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite y (89)
- 07/10/2017Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences, so this kind of information should be restricted on the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (82)
- 07.10.2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1.Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite yo (71.5)
- 07.10.2017There have been some problems with public transportation in your area recently.Write a letter to the management of the public transport company. In your letter-describe the problems-explain how these problems are affecting the public-suggest som (82)
- 06/10/2017People succeed because of their hard work, but some say it is something else that is significant for success.How far do you agree with this statement?Give some reasons from your personal knowledge or experience to support your stance? (77)