The best way to solve environmental problems caused by consumer generated waste is for towns and cities to impose strict limits on the amount of trash they will accept from each household Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree

The best way to solve environmental problems caused by consumer-generated waste is for towns and cities to impose strict limits on the amount of trash they will accept from each household.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The claim outlines the method to be implemented to reduce environmental problems caused by consumer-generated waste. The waste generated by customers range from plastic products to vegetables and fruits. The claim suggests that towns and cities should impose strict limits on the amount of garbage collected from each household. The claim provides an extreme solution for controlling customer-generated waste. The limiting of waste generated would restrict the activities of the citizens thereby, resulting in illegal disposing of waste. Instead of imposing a limit, encouragement of recyclable products would in turn result into the same benefit of environmental protection without the added cost of public dissatisfaction.

Products, which can be recycled do not damage the environment and would reduce the overall cost of disposal of waste. Even with the restriction on waste, pernicious and indecomposable waste ,would still be obtained in a slightly less quantity. The use of recyclable products, would help in overall reduction of harmful customer generated waste. The limiting of waste, would result into people having to limit their waste generation, which after a limit would be difficult to maintain. Resulting in the illegal disposal of waste in quiescent places or storage of waste leading to unhygienic environment.

For example, Sweden has incorporated the use of recyclable products for majority of public products resulting in a holistic reduction in generated waste. The country has such an efficient recycling mechanism that they generate less amount of waste compared to the quantity they can recycle. The model implemented by Sweden follows a snowball effect, reduction of products using environment harming substances results in less production by companies of these products. Reduction of customer generated harmful waste and waste generated by companies reduces the overall impact on the environment. There are many other countries trying to implement the same model as Sweden. If Sweden had tried to implement the model of strict limiting in waste, it would have resulted in slight reduction in customer generated waste if it was successful. The implementation of recyclable product use has resulted in reduction in both customer generated and industry generated wastes.

Alternatively, some might suggest that implementing of recyclable product use, would result in increase in cost for companies and customers. For some products, the implementation of recyclable materials, would require change in factory machinery and thereby, increase product cost. The reason is warranted, but considering the majority of products for household customers, most are available in recyclable variants. The product cost would increase but only for a certain section of products such as plastic toys, polythene bags and other indecomposable products. But majority of products such as wrappers of edibles, glass wares, etc. can easily be replaced. Nevertheless, initial cost would have to be incurred to implement the model of use of recyclable products.

In conclusion, The implementation of the claim, would result in dissatisfaction among the citizens and would not create a major impact on reducing impact on environment. On the other hand, the use of recyclable products helps to reduce the quantity of total waste generated by both individuals of a town or city and industries. To reiterate, recycling and reusing different types of products can seriously reduce the impact of humans on the environment.`

Need to argue more why this idea is not practical. However, you put most of the content on new solutions.

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-issue-task-essays/best-way-solve-environ…