Essay topics: The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the
recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and
supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the
recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples
shape your position.
As the human's expected life time extends, the importance of education becomes higher because just for ten to twenty years, a person need to learn to basic things for the rest of their life. The rise of importance of education leads to discussion about the best way to teach. The statement explains that the best way is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones. I partially agree on this statement, which means I agree on prasing positive actions but sometimes ignoring negative action won’t be the best thing to do.
At the student’s perspective, the view of getting an education, it is difficult to distinguish between the good things and the bad things. Not only this is teacher’s duty to teach about what the students don’t know, but also to give the indication of the rightness what they’ve learned. From the platitude “A whale dance from a single handclap”, positive response becomes significant signs to student that what they are doing is right. Also, it is human’s natural instinct that when a person get a positive feedback from whom has certain level of authority, he or she shows stong motivation of doing it again. Remember at the education institution what we felt when the teacher or professor gratify what we done, it is difficult to deny this part of statement.
The followers of the latter statement contends that for the sake of distinguishing the good and bad, the teacher should give the opposite respond to the negative ones which is ignoring. However, the ignoring action is a passive opposite respond and this action could be ignored by the student because the reward by ignoring such weak respond and doing negative behavior is sometimes bigger than following the teacher’s lead. To prevent this, the student should achieve, more active, stronger respond such as scolding or certain form of punishment. For example, if the student’s minor misbehavior such as not concentrating during other person’s speech is kept being ignored while a person who listen to the speech actively gets an applause, the student could easily find out that the behavior was inappropriate and try to fix it.
However, if the student did something ethically wrong such as stealing other person’s bad and get nothing but ignoring, the student could understand this as a good thing because a bag fulled of things that the student didn’t have is bigger reward than the applause from the teacher. It would occur less if the teacher decided to scold the student who did robbery and warn him this is against the law because it will make student understand that the risk of such action is way bigger than the reward.
I agree on giving the gratitude to students for doing positive actions. However, for some negative actions, a proper punishment should be given to inform student that is bad, which won’t work sometimes when the teacher neglect the event.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||jason123||16||Read full essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||jason123||16||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||Raunaq||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||alexgretest||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 20 hours ago||NRS||16||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||kelly1237||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||Moustafa Noufale||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||sinamalakouti||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Sai sushma||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Nayla Akter||66||Read full essay|
- The first step to self-knowledge is rejection of the familiar.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your p (16)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than i (50)
- "The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition."-Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agre (50)
- Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with (58)
- a nation should require all of its students to study same national curriculum until they enter college. (62)
- The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with therecommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing andsupp (66)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base bec (59)
- Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supp (66)
- It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved. (50)
- Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa (58)