In business education and government it is always appropriate to remain skeptical of new leaders until those leaders show that they are worthy of trust Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In devel

In business, education, and government, it is always appropriate to remain skeptical of new leaders until those leaders show that they are worthy of trust.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The importance of leaders is significant as they have a great impact on fomenting working ambience and vital decisions will be made by their hands. If a leader has shown how competent he or he is, others can easily follow the leader without severe problems. However, there are contrasting views on whether they need to trust newly assigned leaders. Although there might be uncertainty about the new leaders, there are several reasons to trust them even before they demonstrate their own abilities as a leader.

Firstly, when appointing a leader, there are always rational, comprehensive reasons to select him or her rather than others. In general, for those fields such as business, education, and government, leaders are those who have already had long experiences in their areas. For example, if examining the previous leaders of government – presidents or city mayors - most of them had experiences in working in government-related or law-related areas. Also, in education, principals of schools are those who have worked for 30 to 40 years as a teacher. In most cases, the leaders have full of experiences in their fields, so their decisions will be based on their deep insight. Thus, trusting them will be worthy although they did not show the ability as a leader.

Secondly, being skeptical of leaders will be detrimental to both the leaders and those who work with the leaders. The position of leaders is important in that they are leading others, which means their decisions are influential to those who work under the leaders. However, as it is demanding, others’ support is necessary to keep their jobs and to make the best decisions. If there is no support, however the leader is competent, it will be impossible to support the group with their best potential. As being dubious of leaders can negatively affect the whole, in order to escape from this kind of situation, it will be worthy to trust new leaders.

There are various views on how to consider new leaders: whether they trust them or not before they prove themselves. Some suggest that as not proven new leaders might not fully understand the role as a leader yet, fully trusting them will result in somewhat unexpected serious problems. However, as there might have been important reasons to assign new leaders rather than others such as long experiences and supporting leaders is important for both leaders and other workers, it will overweigh the possible problems, thus it will be worthy to trust the unproven leaders.