Essay topics: Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.
Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
It is undoubtable fact that some pieces of information which used to be considered as absolute truth was proven inaccurate. However, should we assert that any piece of information should be mistrusted? As far as I am concerned, till information is proven fallacious it should be trusted and used. This is the way which allows us to visit the moon and built aircrafts.
The history of mankind is full of examples when facts which were considered as truth were finally refuted. For instance, the heart used to be seen as a source of people's feelings and thoughts. This belief was disproved only two hundred years ago. Moreover, alchemy used to be considered as science and many eminent artists, scientists such as Leonardo da Vinci were alchemists. They tried to create a gold and find a remedy from death. These examples serve to illustrate an idea that many of facts which used to be perceived as truth was disproved and many of our today's beliefs and facts will be turned out to be inaccurate. However, does it mean that we must mistrust to all information and doubt in any piece of our knowledge?
The answer is loud "no". Look aroud you and you will see the miracles of modern technology: cell phones, TV sets, the internet and computers. All these inventions are based on information which perhaps will be estimated your progeny as inaccurate. Thus, till facts are able to create an expected results they should be accepted as truth. Probably, history of physics may give as a good example of this idea. The theory of relativity of Albert Einstein has changed your attitude and understanding of world; many of us assume that this theory has impacted only cosmology and physics of elementary particles, in fact this theory may be used to explain any processes on our planet. In other words, the laws of Isaac Newton were proved as inaccurate. Newton's laws are limited by our planet and do not suit for explaining of movement of starts. Despite this fact, we have still learnt these the Newton's laws and widely use them. The reason is that they give enough precise results and may be easily used. For instance, a movement of a thrown ball may be explained by Einstenian theory more thoughtfully but we prefer to use Newton’s theory owing to the fact that both of them give similar results but the second theory much easier to be used. In other words, the most impotant characteristic of information is its usefulness. If a piece of information gives a reliable result it should be used even if it may be proved incorrect in the future.
In conclusion, despite the undoubtable fact that many of pieces of information which is considered as truth today will be disproved as incorrect in the future, we should not neglect information till it gives us a reliable results.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Naruto Uzumaki||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||Av9ash||83||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 days ago||Palash44444||50||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 days ago||chiaggs||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||acxdcxmcx||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||DubinchukEugene||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||nehai||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||siamakd||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||Ayush||56.6667||Read full essay|
- 16/10/2017 You cannot pick your friend up at the airport. Write a letter to him/her. In your letter, you shouldexplain the reasons.You should provide him/her with alternative ways to go to the hotel.You should inform him/her of your plan. (77)
- 16.10.2017Some people think that managers alone should make decisions in the company, while others think that employees should be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (74)
- 11/10/2017Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be?Should governments give more financial support to local film industries? (82)
- 11/10/2017You are going on a short holiday soon and would like to invite a friend to join you. Write a letter to him/her and say– Explain why you need a holiday.– Explain why you want your friend to come.– Where and when do you want to go? (89.5)
- 10/10/2017You recently saw an advertisement about helpers for children summer holiday camp. Write a letter to camp organizers and say:– Describe the areas where you can help.– Give the time period you are available.– Ask some questions about the cam (80.5)
- 09/10/2017Some people say that computer games are bad for children by all means; others believe that these games are contributing to children’s development.Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (89.5)
- 09.10.2017You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw.Write a letter to the company.In your letter,Introduce your self.explain the situation.say what action you would like to company to take. (73.5)
- 08/10/2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1. Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite y (89)
- 07/10/2017Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences, so this kind of information should be restricted on the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (82)
- 07.10.2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1.Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite yo (71.5)