Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.Write a res

Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.

Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The above claim is concerned about evaluatation of an argument and how strong it is. It is presented that one of the best ways to test an argument is that how influential it is in persuading other people who are of opposing views. Though this claim can be true, I am not agree with it, because of some reasons that will be elaborated in following.

Of course, it is accepted that when an argument can convince all opposing views it will be shown that it is an pervasiv argument with strong base and supports, but in my viewpoint it is not the only way to test an argument and its strength. And there are many samples that negate such attitude.

First, There are lots of samples, throughout the history, that one could not defend his claim and convince contemporary people who objected his ideas but as time passed it have been proved that the argument was true. For example, people did not accept Galilei theory that earth is not the center of world in his time and even punished him due to his acknowledgement and forced him to confess that his idea is wrong. But now, every body know about the correctness of his theory. So, it is possible that people avoid accepting an argument because their opposments are originated in bigeted and biased ideas or they lack necessary knowledge and awarness. So, they will not be convinced even if one argument is cogent enough. Thus, if one argument can not be successful in satisfying opposments it does not, necessarily, mean that argument is not strong.

Also, sometime both sides of an argument are right and have solid evidence to justify their own opinion. For example, say methods of children training and education that are common and popular in a particular region and show effective results, too, but many others from different areas will not believe in it because they think it will not work for them. In this case it does not reduce the value of an opinion it is just because shuch opinion is not applicable in other places and it is based on some particular norms, requirements and circumstances. As a result, it can not be perceived that such arguments are wrong or worthless, they are only from various viewpoints that all are right.

In conclusion, although it could be considered as an effective way to show an argument’s power to put it against objections and can persuade them, but it is not the best way.

is concerned about evaluatation of an argument
is concerned about the evaluation of an argument

But now, every body know about the correctness
But now, every body knows about the correctness

although it could be considered as an effective way to show an argument’s power to put it against objections and can persuade them, but it is not the best way.
Description: don't put 'although' 'but' in one sentence.

Sentence: The above claim is concerned about evaluatation of an argument and how strong it is.
Error: evaluatation Suggestion: evaluation

Sentence: Of course, it is accepted that when an argument can convince all opposing views it will be shown that it is an pervasiv argument with strong base and supports, but in my viewpoint it is not the only way to test an argument and its strength.
Error: pervasiv Suggestion: pervasive

Sentence: So, it is possible that people avoid accepting an argument because their opposments are originated in bigeted and biased ideas or they lack necessary knowledge and awarness.
Error: opposments Suggestion: opponents
Error: awarness Suggestion: awareness
Error: bigeted Suggestion: bigoted

Sentence: Thus, if one argument can not be successful in satisfying opposments it does not, necessarily, mean that argument is not strong.
Error: opposments Suggestion: opponents