Claim Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive Reason It is primarily in cities that a nation s cultural traditions are preserved and generated Write a response in which you discuss the ext

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Some people are of the opinion that the Government must support various major cities by underwriting them in order to preserve cultures endemic to these cities. In my opinion, i mostly agree with the assretion that proper financial aid must be provided by the government to the cities for their flourishment. I believe this for two reasons.

Firslty, financial support helps in maintaing the historical and culture heritages of cities which gradually erodes with time when tsuch locations are not taken care off properly. Thus, Financial support indirectly helps the entire community of the city to thrive. Take an example of Taj mahal in Agra, India – If the government doesn’t provide money from time to time to agra city, then it would become harder for official looking after such heritage site to properly create a serene environment around the visicinity of Taj Mahal, and once the tourist will loose the interest in visiting this site then the entire city would suffer, since the economy of city agra depends mostly upon this historical site. Thus in order to ensure that city continually evokes an insterest among visitors which in turn helps people inhabiting in the city to thrive, government’s financial aid plays a vital role.

Secondly, financial aid to these cities helps in boosting the economy of enitre country. These aids when help the city’s official to develop new infrastructure, like roads,hotels etc., to attract more number of tourists, then such visitors use the services of the city in exchane of money that they bring along with them. Since any buisness running in a city is liable to taxes imposed by government, therefore the taxes collected at such low levels eventually flows upward to the governments account. When the government gets the amass of funds from these levies, it helps governments to find uplift several other cities as well and therby aids in letting the enitre country thrive.

Some people might say that financial aid does less to bolster a city unless outsiders support the culture inhabited in the cities they are visiting. They are of opinion that since people donot feel motivated enough to visit the cities having different culture than their own, therefore the money spend in maintaining the city is mostly extraneous. But in my opinion the real reason of motivation comes only when people actually get to know about the cities heritage rather than relying on anecdotal thoughts and since these money aids provided by government helps to build infra, promote city through advertisments etc., therefore these are the only way which can make people change the opinion and motivates them to visit.