The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers artists or scientists but by the general welfare of its people Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a

The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Some people state that a nation can be called great by assessing the welfare of people inhabiting in it rather than by the achievement of its rulers, artists or scientists. In my opinion is mostly disagree with the statement that welfare of people can be a correct indicator of great nation. I believe this for two reasons.

To begin with, triumphs and achievements of the masses living in a country makes a country achieve fame, and this popularity helps to boost the economy of a country – which holds highest credit in country’s overall welfare. The achievement of scientist for instance bring the investors from other country’s to buy a new discovery or to transcend the research further. Artists painting a real landscape or monument in his country makes aesthetics from all over the globe to visit the place. Similarly, alliances are formed between nations which aid each other in several platforms. These alliances, investments and tourists when spend money in to such countries, it alleviates the populations economic status, and once the economic status is uplifted people start to invest in banks, provide their children better education, and eat healthy food etc.. Thus, financial support, which occupies a large portion of peoples qualms gets satiated by the progress and achievement of some key players of the country.

Secondly, there is no direct way to judge general welfare of the country than by looking though the people’s achievement. For instance if the country has to judge on welfare on its own and presents such results to international front, then such evaluations and numbers can never be trusted as government, in lust of making alliances or to obtain funding, will produce spurious reports. Thus a country whose general population is suffering in the reality would be presented as burgeoning. This can be clearly examined with the example of North Korea – where the general population is dying of hunger but just to pose a dominance and control over other nations its supreme leader present it as the most flourishing state. As the parameter to judge welfare even handedly isn’t available, we can’t take welfare of the people as the parameter to judge the ‘great nation’.

On the other hand, some people might say that the country might claim fake researches or do forgery of artefacts in order to gain attention. But my question to them is how long do you thing that such sophistries will last? We are living at the time where every movement of a country is scrutinised and thus debunking false claims wouldn’t be a time taking process. Thus, sincere parameter of judging a nation can be achievements of scientist, governance and prodigies.