Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying.

Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.

Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying.

I agree with the author that students become more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying. If students get subjects of their interest then there will be more probability of performing well in the particular area of interest instead of those subjects in which he/she is forced to study.

On the other side it is necessary for educators to teach all possible basic subjects. Educators are more mature as compared to students and they know what subjects are necessary to teach which can help in building their better future. Hence a good education system must be balanced of all basic subjects.

Today we are in an era of multidisciplinary research where students need to study not only one subject but he/she must have a knowledge of other subjects. For example if a student is interested in mathematics then this doesn't mean that the student would work on mathematics only. For better success he/she will definitely require other relating areas and hence student has to have basic knowledge of subjects like computer science, simulations and other relating basic subjects. It is necessary for educators to provide balanced study material to students. This will help students in their future when they require basic knowledge of other subjects.

According to me in the initial years of student life, education system must include all basic subjects. When students become more and more mature and get an idea of basic subjects then students must get a chance to choose subject of their interests. I personally like education system present in India as in the first year of under graduation, students have to learn science, engineering drawing, music, physical education etc. There they get a chance to find scope of different areas and later students have to choose some specific subjects as per their interests in the third and fourth year of their under graduation.

At the end I would like to conclude that balanced education is necessary. Students are not mature enough to find out which areas they might be interested in and it is a duty of educators to provide knowledge of other subjects. When students become mature then during their higher studies they can get a chance to study according to their interests and then educators must need to set courses according to their interests and the courses which will help students for better future.