Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
It is popularly believed that critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from a person who is an expert in that field. Although this claim has a plethora of supporters, I disagree with it due to the fact that sometimes amateur's opinion is more valuable than expert's one; moreover, sometimes even expert's judgment has little values as well.
To begin with, the idea that critical judgment ought to be given only by expert in that field is well supported by public due to the fact that we intuitively accept that if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser have professional knowledge or experience there is no use from amateur's judgment. For instance, if a surgeon faced a problem during surgery which one performs, it is reasonable to expect that only expert's opinion about the problem will be valuable. This example supports the claim; however, may we assert that it is reasonable to extrapolate this situation on any given fields?
The answer on this question is "no" owing to the fact sometimes amateur's opinion is important and even crucial for an expert. For example, imagine that a designer creates a new car, of course, the work definitely requires from the expert to have decent knowledge and expertise about the subject, at the same time, the car is aimed at public who will or will not buy it. Consequently, our designer ought to pay attention to people’s opinion. He or she probably creates a focus group which represents the target auditory or supposed buyers of the developed product. The group may aver what they like or dislike and what ought to be changed and improved. Those opinions, I believe, will be accepted by the designer into consideration in creation of the car, otherwise the future product may not be successful.
Furthermore, sometimes even experts’ opinions may be useless in some fields. For example, thousands of critics share with public their judgement about movies, books and other products and often we pay attention to their judgments; however, in some cases, the experts opinion has little value, for example, each year a European automobile journal "Top gear" creates its rating of cars from the best one to the worst one. You may think that this rating will be mirrored at levels of sales of promoted or vilified models of cars but the experts' recommendation have little impact on purchasers' conduct. This example illustrates that experts’ judgments do not have an ultimate value as well.
In conclusion, although some of us sincerely aver that amateur's judgement has little value in any field, we have demonstrated that although in some situations this belief might hold true, it is not an absolute and sometimes amateur's opinion is valuable and expert's one is not.
- 03/10/2017Your photograph has won a first prize in the photography competition. This will be displayed in an exhibition. Write a letter inviting your friend to the exhibition and include-what the photograph about-where did you take it-what prize you have 96
- 27/10/2017 Nowadays plastic money replacements such as credit and debit cards are extremely popular, even more than banknotes and coins. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Include your personal opinion and examples based on your own experie75
- It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most comp80
- Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for t60
- Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling r60
if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser have professional knowledge
if an issue is connected with a specific field which requires from an adviser who has professional knowledge
but the experts' recommendation have little impact on purchasers' conduct.
but the experts' recommendation has little impact on purchasers' conduct.
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 469 350
No. of Characters: 2262 1500
No. of Different Words: 213 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.654 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.823 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.593 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 165 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 131 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 94 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 48 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 29.312 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 14.755 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.812 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.335 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.567 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.155 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5