Home >> .

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

dhvanesh97's picture

Education is the key to open the doors of success. To get education is the primary right of each and every citizen of any country. The whole country will be benefitted if its denizens are well-educated. But schools and colleges are nowadays taking this education as a source of earning money. These institutions are literally doing business by taking totally unreasonable amount of money in the name of education from students. Educational institutions have no right or authority to stop students from studying those subjects they like even if at early stage, students are unlikely to succeed. These institutions have no responsibility to coax students not to persue those fields in which they are weak.

These institutions should motivate rather discourage those students who really want to go in some particular field even though they are not good at that field. Students can always master any subjects by practicing thoroughly. It is not like that they are right now not good enough so they will never be good at that particular subject. For instance, Famous scientist Thomas alva edison, was very weak in mathematics and science. So his school dismissed him and his mother teaches very patiently those subjects and today every person know this famous scientist. So rather hampering the growth of student, educational institutions should encourage students to study each and every subject irrespective of their success in those subjects.

On the other hand, if student like some subjects very much and he/she really want to make his/her career in that field of study, so schools and colleges should motivate to to in that direction. But again, they are not responsible to dissuade students from not studying those subjects.

In conclusion, Educational institutions are the base for the developed country because they are moulding the future of nation so they should motivate students instead of hampering their growth.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)