The effectiveness of a country s leaders is best measured by examining the wellbeing of that country s citizens Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be su

The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the wellbeing of that country's citizens.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The primary purpose of the leader of any country is to provide necessary needs to its populaces. And also, to develop the nation in a sustainable way so that the majority of the population will have direct or indirect benefits. The prompt above suggests that the effectiveness of the leader is judged by the prosperity of their country’s people. In my opinion, I am strongly consonant with the statement because of the following main reasons.

First of all, the country’s leader is considered feckless if it’s citizens are deprived of the basic needs. For instance, consider Nepal -a developing nation- which is suffering from political hardships. Lack of unstable government, improper use of resources, haphazard development, etc. are Nepal’s major concern. The citizens of the far-west and Himalayan region are deprived of the basic needs like education, health, transportation, etc. which not only make their life difficult to survive but also make them unware of the other information for self-development as they are illiterate. These situation clearly demonstrate the ineffectiveness of the leaders.

Unlike Nepal, we can consider America which is one of the power-house of the world in every-sector. It was because of the government’s long-term plan and sustainable development; consequently, the people of the America are prosperous, healthy and well-educated. The great personalities like Abhram Lincoln in the past to Joe Biden and Barack Obama in the present have played significant role for the development of the country; therefore, they are considered the most effective presidents of the United Nations.
Some may argue that sometimes the country might be progressing- due to effective leadership- but the citizens still be in the range of poverty and unemployment as in the beginning of the industrilization. Of course, it is possible to have privation among the people for the short-term; but in long –term, the country and citizens with proper after rapid industrial boom.

In conclusion, the effectiveness of the leader is directly associated with the well-being of the citizens. In other words, if the citizens are under affliction, then the leader is feckless.