Governments should invest as much in the arts as they do in the military.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
The author is trying to compare military with arts and expect an equal amount of money being invested in both the sectors. I strongly agree with the notion as military and arts both are somehow interconnected. Furthermore, a concentrated investment in defense may put arts and also the artists, who form an essential part of the culture, leave their jobs and migrate to other fields, thus weakening the culture and tradition of the country.
Firstly, let us discuss the interconnection between arts and defense which can be utilized to make a stronger and stable economy. We are aware of the fact that art has a great monetary value. One often comes across paintings from famous artists being auctioned for millions. The government can very well utilize this scenario. Taxes are charged on these incomes which can be fed back to the government's funds. This fund in addition to their routinely allotted funds can be invested in military to make it more advanced and proficient.
The field of arts can flourish only when considerable money and time are invested by the government. If the government establishes new arts schools and colleges, new avenues of employment gets created which is directly going to benefit the citizens. This can reduce the unemployment and hence, can help the overall economy to flourish.
Moreover, arts form an essential function of keeping the culture alive. But artists would participate only when they get decent compensation and benefits. So cutting off investments in this field would eventually compel the artists to quit their job and would gradually shift to some other, more prolific field. This entire string of events would destroy the field of art and indirectly the culture and traditions of the country.
However, some may argue that military is more significant as it plays a major role in defending the citizens during the time of war. This point is right but no field alone can enhance the overall economy of a country. Furthermore, the inter-dependency between dissimilar fields need to analyzed and understood.
Thus in conclusion, a government should invest as much in arts as they do in the military in order to possess a more stable and balanced economy.
- Governments should invest as much in the arts as they do in the military.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor 73
- A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal re 50
- The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser.“We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun-Beem’s improved formula. Without an enormous media blitz, including televis 55
- The following appeared in a letter to the school board in the town of Centerville."All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville have in 20
- People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve 49
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.5 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 365 350
No. of Characters: 1803 1500
No. of Different Words: 195 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.371 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.94 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.708 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 125 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 105 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 65 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 36 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.25 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.013 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.65 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.29 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.56 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.077 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 6 5