Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In devel

Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

In today’s world, it is a necessity to complete some formal education in a university or college in order to be successful later in life. Despite it’s necessity, the cost of education is rising. Most students incur high levels of debt by the time of graduation and have some difficulty repaying their loans. While the idea of free education may be enticing to many, it is not the answer. Government subsidized tuition would not come with out grave consequences. The financial burden placed on the government would draw funds away from other important programs. Additionally, it is likely that if higher education were free to all that it would be viewed as less valuable and the quality may be diminished.

High school is even more essential to success than a college education. Adults with out a high school diploma may find it increasingly difficult to find employment, especially in white-collar jobs. Despite the undeniable importance of a high school education, it is not uncommon for students to skip classes or undermine the value by devoting little interest. The value of high school is diminished because it is free and does not require any sacrifice on the student’s part. If higher education were also made to be free it is likely that students would loose respect and appreciation. Students that are less interested in their education would diminish the quality of the workforce and the value of education would decrease.

Additionally, if the burden of educational costs were to be placed entirely on the government it would reduce the amount of funds available to other important programs. Many of the worlds governments are already struggling with high debt and face difficulties funding programs that provide for there less adept citizens. Some third world countries, such as Africa, have difficulties providing the basic necessities to their citizens and would be completely incapable of executing such a large endeavor.

The idea of a free education can be an enticing one but it is not reasonable to make such sweeping statements that all governments should provide free college education to all citizens. It may be more reasonable to propose that governments with the ability offer free education to citizens in need. Programs set in place should have minimum requirements for GPA and public service.

students would loose respect and appreciation.
students would lose respect and appreciation.

Try to put five paragraphs:

paragraph 1: introduction -- explain in your own words about the issue and give a thesis statement at the end. Give a reasonable not a dogmatic statement.

paragraph 2: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side A. First, ... Second, ...

paragraph 3: However, still I support side B. reason 1 + why reason 1 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 4: reason 2 + why reason 2 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 5: conclusion -- reinforce the thesis.
---------------------------