It is more harmful to compromise one s own beliefs than to adhere to them Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporting

It is more harmful to compromise one's own beliefs than to adhere to them.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and
supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Compromising one’s belief, by definition, simply means going against one belief because of either a good or bad act. This violation yields either a positive effect or negative. To some extent, compromising one’s tenet is beneficial if the belief is deleterious to one’s health. On the other hand, compromising one’s belief is parlous in some cases. Thus, the effect of the violation should be based on a case by case scenario.

Taking the case of Muslim’s condemnation of drinking act for example. Muslims believe its against the will of God for believers to take alcohol. Islam preaches that drinking alcohol makes one unholy for some certain days, say 40 days for example. A muslim compromising this belief by drinking will surely be denounced. On medical basis, this belief is actually beneficially as the intake of alcohol is injurious to the health. Thus compromising the belief of not taking alcohol is harmful that adhering to it.

Another example to look at is the act of charity. Every religion encourages charity. Giving alms to the poor and assisting our neighbours in need is a belief that is of great benefit when strictly adhered to. Violation of this belief leads to an iniquitous act. For instance, a mendicant who begs for alms simply begs so as to be able to feed himself or herself. if the benefactor decides to help the beggar, both the benefactor and the beggar happy’s will increase. Charity is act which compromising is dangerous for our society. Thus, adhering to the act of charity is beneficial than compromising it.

True, some might argue that adhering to some forms of belief is more dangerous than compromising these beliefs. For example, the indian’s belief of burning a corpse in a pyre. This act is truly bad as it goes against human right. But all the same, compromising one’s belief is more harmful that adhering to it as one will feel uncomfortable going against a doctrine that has been entrenched in one’s mind.

In conclusion, going against one’s belief is, in most cases, virulent than cleaving to one’s belief. Though, it is sometimes beneficial to go against one’s tenet if the tenet is itself a bad act such as immolating people. On the other hand, is mostly dangerous to go against one’s belief. Thus, the effect of the going against one’s belief should be considered on a case-by-case study.