Essay topics: It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The author propounds that the first indicator of an individual’s characteristics is the social groups in which he is a member. This is the claim with which I generally do concur, among the countless backing reasons for my perspective, I will delve into the most conspicuous ones in the following paragraphs.
First of all, this fact should be highlighted in the initial step of the writing that mankind’s interaction with the surrounding and his membership in the various group alter by the passage of time from his childhood till the adulthood. If the phase of childhood is considered, a newborn connects with his surrounding with a mere group which his parents and his first membership is in the group of family. In this state, since the child is naïve and physically and mentally depended on his parents, all the manner taken by the mother and father will be a solo role model for the kid. Actually, the kid at this step is just as an empty container which fills by data conveyed from his parents; therefore, the ultimate characteristic of the child will be fixed behavior imitated from the father and mother. This fact also verifies by the recent research conducted by the Psychology Department of Tehran University. According to this study between the age of 0 to 5 before the attendance to the preschool or kindergarten, the children’s behavior has sixty percent alignment and match with their parents’. Therefore, in this stage of life, the indicator of the personal characteristic of a kid is his initial connected groups, his family.
At the second phase, the child enters the bigger society and become a social person; at this stage, he does not possess the previous simplicity and naivety; however, he does not have sufficient knowledge over the life; so, he is eager for learning about the events going around him. According to this conditions and eagerness, his interaction will be based on the learning and gaining novel attitudes about the universe; in addition, his connection with other groups will be according to his wish for exploration and expansion of his understating. There is the probability of the alteration of attitude in the adolescent since maybe there will be confliction between his earned trend from his parents and his currently tracked environment; however, the new trend will be shaped based on the new group with which he hanging out. Therefore, his interaction with the social groups will the concrete identity of his perspective to the world and eagerness.
Finally, at the level of adulthood, mankind earns his identity there is a rare possibility of the alteration in his tendency; in this case, his membership in a specific group will be for the sake of attraction of that group. Indeed, a human being in his adulthood gains the adequate level of awareness over his environment and make all the decisions based on his previous cognition; furthermore, he is a liberal person and participates in any group without any burden on his freedom. As long as the group seems appealing for a specific guy and match with his standpoint to the world, he will continue his membership. Therefore, at this level of life, the connected group also entirely shows mankind’s identity.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly depict the accuracy of a proposed claim by the author. Regardless of the person's age and knowledge, his interaction with surrounding is the representer of his characteristic.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 8 hours ago||Vaibhav Panchal||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||Persian Moonlight||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week firstname.lastname@example.org||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||pankajsolanki4007||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||sanat||54||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||fufu||83||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||LMMM||79||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||LMMM||75||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||DAISY CHANG||70||Read full essay|
|8 months 17 hours ago||AMARDEEP KOUR GEDHU||66||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)