The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.
The author proposes that the main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times which is true. History gives us a very clear picture of how the various aspects of society — such as technology, governmental systems, and even society as a whole — worked in the past so we understand how it came to work the way it is now.it connects the dots that link the past to the presence and uses this information to make a future forecast.
History has always been involved in using precedents for present-day issues by asking deeper questions as to why things are the way they are. Why did wars in Europe in the 20th-century matter to countries around the world? How did Hitler gain and maintain power for as long as he had? How has this affected shaping our world and our global political system today? these questions, points toward strengthen the effect the past has on the presence which further cements the stand of history on the relationship share between the past and future.
If we want to truly understand why something happened — in any area or field, such as one political party winning the last election vs the other, or a major change in the number of smokers — you need to look for factors that took place earlier. Only through the study of history can people see and grasp the reasons behind these changes in activities of humans and only through history can we understand what elements of an institution or a society continue regardless of continual change.
By looking at specific stories of individuals and situations, you can test your own morals and values.
The study of history is a non-negotiable nowing what events led up to these various wars helps us better influence our future, which is why it is important to clarify and known the purpose history intends playing in the society
- Recent incursions by deep sea fishermen into the habitat of the Madagascan shrimp have led to a significant reduction in the species population With the breeding season fast approaching the number of shrimp should soon begin to increase Nonetheless the po 70
- The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporti 50
- In an attempt to improve highway safety Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways But this effort has failed the number of accidents has not decreased and based on reports by the highway patrol man 22
- Governments should place few if any restrictions on scientific research and development Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take In develop 50
- The Statement of Purpose 3 000 character limit including spaces should strongly convey your purpose for applying to the selected graduate program and specify your passion for and knowledge of your intended plan of study using the language of the field you
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 3.5 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 8 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
No. of Sentences: 10 15
No. of Words: 330 350
No. of Characters: 1540 1500
No. of Different Words: 189 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.262 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.667 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.529 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 114 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 79 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 42 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 28 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 33 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 14.853 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.3 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.369 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.369 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.172 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 1 5