Men and women because of their inherent physical differences are not equally suited for many tasks

Men and women because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.

Inequality among genders has been a controversial topic for centuries. Up until the late 19th century, men have been seen to be fit for many jobs unlike women because of the obvious different anatomy. However, in recent times, women have been seen carrying out jobs thought to be meant for men. In my opinion, I mostly disagree that the different physical attributes in both genders can serve as a hindrance in their choice of work for three reasons.
Firstly, the change in the appointment of political position over the years, women are now been considered for taking up prominent political roles in the world unlike in the earlier centuries were they are merely seen as caretakers; taking care of their immediate families and thought to be incapable of making a remarkable contribution to the society mainly because of insignificant reason like their physical attributes. A typical example in the recent change is appointment of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the Director-General of the world trade organization. Research as shown that, more women are now seen in eminent position in different political organization around the world.
Furthermore, the involvement of the female gender in certain fields such as sport has increased tremendously. Soccer for example, in the past centuries men have been seen to be most fit for the sport because of the strength involve in playing “the ball”. Whereas, the opposite gender were seen as fragile creatures and given very minimal audience while faced with strong criticism from the society. However, research has shown that the female body is likewise capable of carrying out these tasks-strenuous activities involve in sport-, these findings led to the society accepting the inauguration of the female gender into sports, American female footballers such as alex morgan are been given audience and credit just as their male counterpart.
However, tasks like heavy weight lifting have remained the men’s job. For instance, industrial jobs involving carrying heavy raw materials or finished products –cement producing factories- are been left to men because of their physical characteristics like huge limbs, broad chest. World breaking record has been mostly made by men, for example the world strongest wrestler mark henry pulled double tractor trailer in 2013. No woman has been able to do such.
In conclusion, just as much as there are a lot of tasks or fields in which men has shown great strength due to their physical attributes, there have been involvement of the opposite gender in tasks originally thought to be incapable of which can be seen in various fields and sectors. The discrimination of the female gender in some tasks is unwarranted as they are also fit just as their male counterparts.