Essay topics: A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college
A nation should not enforce a single type of curriculum to all its students untill they enter college. Doing this will lead to very unwelcoming consequences as different students have different need and interests, thus required a altered curriculum for them. If all the students are made to study the same curriculum then they may not to persue what they want to in their life.
A nation forcing its students to study the same curriculum will lead to disaster in terms of people with same kind of knowledge and same level. These kind of nation will never be able to excel in multiple fields as most of the student as having the same initial study will tend to have same interests for their future. This phenomenon can be observed in nations with huge population such as India, where a majority of people study same curriculum until they enter college, ending up taking engineering as their field for rest of their life. No this has become a big issue for the nation to provide job opportunities for these huge number of graduates, fighting for similar type of jobs.
Following same curriculum not only restricts the nations growth but aslo affect the mentality of the people involved in such proffessions. Even a major problem is posed if the curriculum which is followed through out if flawed, they such a huge population gets effected, for example if the curriculum is mainly oriented towards mugging up, and not include critical thinking subjects. Then the ability of students who could have been critical thinkers will be subdued significantly.It will always be an ambigious debate on what basis a curriculum be taken as perfect for compete nation, which can help students learn varous aspects of life, sciences and history. There is no perfect line which defines the what is suitable and what is not, even if there is a curriculum which is thought of to be perfect. But it is certainly not possible for a single curriculum to cater the different needs of different people, and no matter how hard we try the curriculum will be biased based on the predelections of its creater.
Everone has its own perception of world and thus should have the freedom to choose what is best for them, for example some students are interested in having their higher education abroad thus they should be able to alter their curriculum according to international needs. In India there are several curriculum options to choose from for example if you want a nation wide outlook or international outlook then you can choose CBSE or IBS etc. but if you wish to serve only your state and want to be connected to your roots then each state has its own Curriculum, all these curriculum are governed by independent government bodies. This makes the complete systems more fexible and thus more catering to the myriad need of people.
However, there are a few drawback with very flexible curriculum, as if students restrict themselves to only a few regions of study then they are not able to gather general knowledge which is basic for everyone. For example, if a student is interested in sciences, and they restrict themselves only to sciences then then there are several components not are necessary to survive in world will be missed out. Their speaking skills, physical health knowledge, and social behaviour attributes are alwaays required in the world to survive all the knowledge about sciences are futile if there basic skills are not present in the students.
Thus, student should not be made to adhere to a perticular curriculum and must be given choises to alter the currilculum according to their needs. This not only helps in getting better at specialisation in perticular field but also gives a sense of freedom which every living being requires.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 hour 19 min ago||greuela001||50||Read full essay|
|6 hours 13 min ago||vineel||58||Read full essay|
|3 days 11 hours ago||Siddiqur Rahman||66||Read full essay|
|5 days 7 hours ago||akhilam2000||50||Read full essay|
|5 days 10 hours ago||jason123||20||Read full essay|
|5 days 14 hours ago||jamaya8||66||Read full essay|
|5 days 20 hours ago||AC1990||58||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||ali.rs||66||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||ali.rs||66||Read full essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||asdfjmn||50||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (38)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (66)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint (48)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college (66)
- Claim: An piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you discuss the e (50)
- People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (73)